Chapter 16

💗TWO MONTHS LATER💗
(sorry for all these time skips but just bare with meeeee)

Catie's POV:

Samuel held my hand tighter then ever. "Ow.." I looked at him and sneered.

He chuckled. "Sorry..." He loosened his grip. "We need to go." He whispered.

"Why?"

"Jae-hi is here.." He said through clenched teeth.

"Shit. Yeah let's go." I stood up and pulled him to the car.

Not today... this bitch follows us way too much.

He groaned as I started the car. "Dammit! She noticed us.. drive!"

"I'm trying!" I urged. My foot slammed on the pedal and we drove out of the lot swiftly, almost crashing into a few signs. I sighed. "Jesus Christ... she won't fucking leave us alone!" I slammed my palm on the steering wheel, accidentally honking the horn.

"I know..." He sighed. "I'm sorry hon." He bit his lip.

"I mean.. especially these past couple of months.."

"Can you stop by my work real quick to get my check?" He asked hopefully.

"Yeah. Of course." I smiled, trying to wipe the thought of Jae-hi out of my mind.

When I stopped outside the restaurant for him to receive his payment, he pecked my lips and walked in. I could see through the glass window that he was having a conversation with an older woman at a table, sitting alone. Does he know her? They look awfully familiar, they must be related.

He walked out with a rectangular piece of paper, grinning.

I grinned back. "How much this time? Did they rip you off again?" I chuckled.

"$622. I'll pay your parents 500 and then I'll keep the extra 122." He pecked my lips again.

"Who was that lady? Is she a relative?" I asked as I pulled out the parking lot.

He chuckled. "No. She's a regular customer that likes to talk to me. She's really sweet."

"Ah.."

The rest of the car ride was silent besides the random 'love glares' and obvious throat clearings from Samuel.

I parked in the driveway and we exited the car to enter the house. Mom wasn't there.

"Where's mom?" Samuel asked.

I glared at him. "My mom is probably at the store."

"Hey babe.. she's like my mom don't take that from me.." He pouted.

I rolled my eyes and walked in the kitchen and opened the freezer to take out a package of beef. I set it in the sink and soaked it in water to defrost.

Samuel grabbed my waist from behind. "You know, to defrost that all you have to do is set it on your hot body."

I managed to blush but I still kicked his shin. "Samuel you know I hate it when you comment about my invisible hotness." I began to reach on the cabinets for large bowls, mixers, measuring cups and spoons, and seasonings. Samuel still held on my waist. I turned around to face him. "What do you want?"