Chapter 13

Catie's POV:

"What took you so long?" I asked annoyed when he entered the driver's seat.

"I was breaking the evidence." He mumbled.

"Why is there three tickets?"

He started the car. "I don't know." His head turned to back and he placed his hand on the headrest of my seat to navigate his reverse.

The car began to move. "What about Jaxz? Can we get him?"

He finished backing up and put the car in drive. A tear fell from his eyes. "He's with a good family."

"Oh.. I-I'm sorry." I looked down.

There was no response. He just drove. Hours passed. He just drove.

"So.." I started. "Are you going to stay pissed at me for being in danger or are you going to talk to me.. make me feel better? Hell, it would make you feel better." I smiled.

He hummed in response. "I'm not mad at you."

"Then what's got you so uptight?"

"I'm not uptight." He huffed. "Just.. shut up."

"Excuse me?"

"Shut up."

I scoffed. "Where is my boyfriend and where did you take him?"

"Cut the bullshit."

"Then you cut your bullshit." I snapped.

He sighed. "All I'm doing is sending you to South Korea and that's it. Nothing special."

"Oh.. s-so you're just.. l-like.. d-dropping me off t-there?"

He pulled over on the side of the highway.

"So you're b-breaking up with m-me?" I asked whist my eyes softened.

"Did I fucking say that?!"

"You hinted it very goddamn openly!"

"No! I'm not! Okay?! Are you happy now?!"

"I'm not happy until you say what you are really doing!"

"Can't you see that I'm trying to fucking save you?!" He sighed heavily. "I love you okay?! And I'm trying to stop something from happening to you!"

"The why aren't you telling me what's wrong?" I whispered.

"Because I am trying to figure it out for myself!"

"I mean.. w-who a-are you? Where did Samuel go? I want him back."

Tears filled his light orbs. "Samuel isn't strong enough to help you."

"Yes he is. He's been doing it for a month, two weeks, one day, and eleven hours."

His hand reached towards my cheek and pulled back hair that seemed to stick to my tears falling about my face. He pulled his hand back right away. "I guess it's just that my dad is trying to kill you and your family and I'm in between." He looked down.

"Welcome back Samuel." I smiled.

He lightly chuckled. He took my wrists and looked at them to scoff to himself. "God, I'm such a terrible boyfriend." He kissed my minor cuts.

"I mean.. I deserved it for slapping you."

He shook his head. "No. But you do slap really fucking hard."

"I feel like our hormones are getting the best of us. We were just yelling at each other a second ago.."

"Uh.. yeah." He chuckled. "I'm sorry." He leaned in and pressed his lips on mine softly. "I. Love. You. But. We. Have. To. Go. Sweetie." He pecked my lips in between every word, which made me giggle.