your voice [scott mccall]

"Scott?" The bullet flew through the alpha's torso, forcing him to stop mid movement. His face contorted in pain, beads of sweat glistening on his forehead. The fight continued amidst this scene, but to Y/N it felt as if the world stopped moving when the bullet hit Scott McCall. His knees buckled and he collapsed to the ground, and Y/N rushed to his side so quickly it was almost like she had supernatural speed. 

Placing a hand on his bloody wound, she shook her head. "No, Scott, you can heal. You'll be okay-you'll-you'll heal." Her words weren't enough to convince even herself, and he locked his dark brown eyes on hers. "Y/N, I'm sorry. I'm not going to heal. I'm sorry." Scott strained to speak, the vein in his neck prominent as he lifted his head. Y/N stroked his forehead, training her mind to understand he was dying. "I'm sorry-" He grunted in pain, gritting his teeth to prevent screams from escaping his lips. 

Y/N kissed him so gently it was like a feather brushing across his lips. "This doesn't make any sense." She cried. Scott nodded, weakly reaching out to hold her face. "I know, I know. But Y/N-I love you. I love you, and I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you." His voice was quiet, the words dying almost as quickly as he'd spoken them. 

He couldn't take anymore, Scott McCall, the true alpha. He was gone. The love of her life was gone. 

  ‣  

Y/N awoke screaming. Her cries muffled as she buried her face in a pillow, hot tears dampening the soft material. She was sweating all over her body, her PJ's sticking to her skin uncomfortably. She assured herself that her boyfriend was alive, he was okay, and he was just a call away. A phone call. Grabbing her phone that lay on her bedside table, she selected Scott's contact with shaking hands. The dialing tone sounded, and she waited on her bed for him to answer. "Come on, come on, pick up." 

"Y/N?" Fresh tears fell from her eyes when his comfortingly familiar voice filled her ears. "Scott. Scott, you're okay." She was aware her voice cracked, she was aware tears prevented her voice from sounding normal, but she didn't care. "Y/N, are you alright? Did you have a nightmare again?" His voice was soft, sympathetic. Y/N couldn't stop the constant flow of tears. "Yeah, I did. I just.." she paused, "I just wanted to hear the sound of your voice." There was a short silence on the line, and she wondered how her boyfriend was reacting. "What do you want to talk about, baby?" He said finally, and she could practically hear the smile in his voice. "Anything, Scott. Just knowing you're there helps so much." 

And so he began, talking for hours about future plans, about how he loved her, about weird little stories based on his and Stiles' past antics. Y/N lost perspective on time, he could've been talking for an entire night and she wouldn't notice. His voice drowned out all the fear hidden deeply set in her mind, and she could feel the clutches of sleep overtaking her. 

  ‣  

"Scott?" Y/N knelt down to face the stone grave, tracing the initials with her finger. "Before you died, you told me you loved me." She sniffed, blinking back the tears that already threatened to fall. "The life left your eyes before I could say it back." Don't cry, Y/N, don't cry. "So I'm here now to tell you that I do. I love you, Scott McCall, and I always will. I'll visit this grave a million times just to say it." Y/N clutched the stone almost to steady herself as sobs racked her body. Emotional pain stabbed at her like a thousand sharp knives. 

"Y/N?" The sound of Lydia's voice broke her from her grieving trance, jerking her into the reality of it all. Her strawberry blonde friend was wearing full black, a grim expression on her face edged with concern. "I had a dream last night. I called Scott, he was alive, and he told me stories while I fell asleep. He never left." She stood up, her legs shaking like jelly. "And now this is reality, and he's gone. He's gone, Lydia." Her friend pulled her into a tight hug, tears streaming down her own face same as Y/N. She didn't say a word, she couldn't, what comfort could she bring to her friend at a time like this?