Chapter 20

Chapter Song Inspiration: Oblivion by 30 Seconds to Mars

The breeze blew through Emi's hair as her eyes scanned the horizon as the sun rose. All movement in Konoha had stopped only moments ago. There were no extra guards along the wall, not wanting anything to seem out of the ordinary, but there were ninja hiding everywhere within the Village. And much to Naruto's annoyance he still could not convince the Hokage to be on the wall when the attack hit.

The Kazekage had sent the forces he promised the day before last, all being brought up to speed on their plans of attack. Those who were more skilled in Genjutsus had been sent to Emi right away for inspection to see if they could out last their final attack to render the army immobile and to the Hokage's delight many passed within the first few tries. Which meant they had more numbers on their side.

She could see it coming, marching down the path just as planned to show they were here for peace. But the singer could feel the hum in the air, detecting the chakra of the hidden army as they came through the surrounding forest on all sides in wait for the signal. For the gates to open and hands to be shaken. For the fire ninjas to drop their guard and then they would attack.

But she would not allow that to happen or from Brutus to get any closer as a song began to echo in the air hauntingly,

"The enemy arrives,
Escape into the night,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run now,

Break into another time."

She could see their steps falter and pause along the trail, which was all the confirmation Emi needed to know that their plans had not changed. They had not expected Konoha to know. Brutus did not expect her to be alive.

"This enemy of mine,
Divinity defines,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run!"

And from the pillars that were just taller than the wall that held the sections together forms began to uncurl themselves from their hunched over positions, standing tall and fusing their chakra and strength into the song. There was a shout along the path as the Sound Ninjas' scattered as power surged through the singer before releasing in a blast from their chests.

"Under the burning sun,
I take a look around."

The edges began to fuse together creating a sort of barrier that stretched high into the air and expanded to bubble feet from the main gate.

"Imagine if this all came down,
I'm waiting for the day to come...!"

In their panic of a surprise attack the enemy tried to regroup, striking against the shield in an attempt to penetrate it. But it held firm, sparking when the jutsus hit.

"Come with us to the right,
Join in the fight,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run now,

Break into another time."

There was movement inside the Village; Emi could feel their chakra moving. With this many clones all working together it had heightened her senses and the feeling of power that swelled through her was almost intoxication. But the singer kept everything in control, pupils swirling with colors of blue and silver. As Kiba watched below with Akamaru and Hinata by his side he whistled lowly.

"Well shit," he muttered. "That's something incredible. Didn't know she could do that."

"Unity divides,
Division will unite,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run now,
Everybody run!"

The note echoed as a sound wave expelled from her form and the clones, throwing the army onto their back. Jutsus went flying into the air and through the forest on their own comrades and Emi watched from the corner of her eyes as the ninjas on the wall with her watched the display, but otherwise did not engage. Not until it was all over.

"Under the burning sun
I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
I'm waiting for the day to come...!"

She searched for Brutus's chakra, reaching out with her own to pick through the ninjas.

"Under the burning sun
I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down..."

He was still there, leading the attack. And it wasn't a trick of a clone meaning he wasn't trying to sneak in. But what Emi could sense were those who were the strongest of their forces were gathering and preparing for a large scaled attack in an attempt to break through. Their chakra was rising.

"Konohagakure it's all so beautiful."

Multiple large blasts of sound attacks came barreling through the forest in the direction of the Village. With the chakra being this concentrated it was actually visible, the air bending and contorting like a ripple as it ripped through trees and tore them out of the dirt.

"Until it comes away...!"

As they collided with the shield Emi had increased her strength and poured it into the barrier. As the sound jutsus hit the surface it lit up, glowing brightly in the morning dawn. The wind kicked up, whipping the older teen's hair about. Her pupils were literally glowing, mouth open wide as the clones followed suit. Instead the barrier seemed to pulse on its own throwing back the jutsus towards the Sound Ninjas' and causing them to scatter.

"Holy shit," Shikamaru muttered. He watched the whole thing from a tower on the wall, having taken Kotetsu and Izumo's spots since they were watching the Hokage.

"Under the burning sun I take a look around,
Imagine if this all came down,
Under the burning sun I take a look around,
Imagine if this all came down,
Under the burning sun I take a look around,
Imagine if this all came-!"

And the song cut off, the barrier coming down almost instantly. But that was all apart of the plan as the Sound surged forward in anger and determination.

"Well, I guess Emi wasn't wrong when she said they wouldn't so easily run away," Tsunade spoke from the balcony in the Hokage building overlooking the Village. "Truly impressive."

"Yes it is," Ibiki agreed. Though at the same time he wasn't particularly pleased with this display. "Though she failed to mention she could do that." He had been wondering how on earth this one lone girl would protect and entire Village. But everyone had been behind the decision and he was overruled. Luckily it seemed to work in their favor.

"Probably because she didn't know until training with Naruto. That boy has truly changed her... as has the singer changed him in some ways."

"Lady Hokage," Shizune spoke up. "What do we do now?"

"We defend Konoha."

----------

From behind the lines as the Sound army marched forward stood their leader watching the gate with a piercing gaze. How they had managed to surprise him did not sit well with the man and someone was going to be punished.

"Here they are, sir."

The grunts of five men sounded as they were forced to their knees, arms tied behind their backs from their capture among the ranks. Some had even dared and tried to flee into Konoha to join the battle and be lost, knowing what was coming.

"You told me she was dead," Brutus spoke. But even though the man appeared calm the Sound Ninjas' could sense his fury. It also appeared that his bird had failed as well to return to confirm his suspicions and he had been stupid enough to believe she was gone. "And what's more she has grown stronger."

"She is dead," Goro stated with gritted teeth. The ninja refused to believe he had been outsmarted by a child. "We're the ones who ended her."

"Are you saying my eyes and ears deceive me then and that this bitch on the wall is not my daughter?" None answered. "Then obviously someone tricked you and I do not allow failure."

The screams of the men were cut off instantly as they were slain on the battlefield by their own, their leader turning to face those who stood before them, weapons now bathed in blood. "Find my daughter. And kill her."