Chapter 2: The Park

Chapter 2: The Park

Myahs P.O.V

I know (y/n) won't admit it out loud but she is totally excited for Hayes to come back this year. She started to like him as more than just her best friend and he betrayed her by asking Paige out. I already know she wants to forgive him but she's to stubborn to admit it. We started to talk a little longer when we saw a car pull up. It wasn't (y/n)'s mom. We looked to see who was getting out and saw a young boy about our age jump out of the passenger seat. I automatically knew who it was.

Your P.O.V

Myah and I were talking when a car pulled up. I saw a young boy about our age get out of the passenger seat. He was wearing a black snap back, tan shorts, black vans, black active socks, and a maroon OBEY jacket. I didn't realize until I got a slap on the side on my face, thanks to Myah, that it was Hayes.

"Aye what was that for?" I asked rubbing my cheek.

"For staring.. I thought you were 'over him'" she said putting air quotes around 'over him'.

"I am but I still don't want to see him. Can we go take a walk around the park and try to avoid him. I brought the football we could play catch on the field?" I questioned Myah. She nodded her head and grabbed the football.

Hayes P.O.V

"IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE HOME!!😝" I tweeted.

I was finally home after spending the summer with Nash on the road for Magcon. As a ritual whenever we get home from a long trip Nash and I go to the park by my school and recap on everything that's happened to us.

"Dude why don't you just text her?!" Nash yelled at me. We were talking about (y/n) again.

"Because she probably hates me. I dated the girl that tormented her all of 7th grade then stopped talking to her completely. If you were a girl would you want to talk to a guy like that again?" I basically screamed at Nash.

"ZAAAYYYUUUMMM! SOMEONES IN A MOOD!" he screamed back.

We pulled up to the park and go out of the car. we were walking when I noticed two girls that looked familiar playing with a football.

"Aye do they look familiar to you?" I asked Nash, pointing in the direction of the two girls.

His eyes widened and he screamed, "THATS (y/n) AND HER COUSIN!!"

The two girls turned around and I stood there frozen. Gosh. (y/n) looked prettier than I remembered.