Chapter 40: Coming Home

Your P.O.V

I'm guessing that Hayes left after I fell asleep because I didn't feel his arms around me anymore.

I showered and brushed my teeth. I already knew it was going to be a while for my hair to dry so I threw it on a bun. I put on skinny jeans, my red basketball hoodie, and my white vans.

I feel like I haven't worn this in forever.

I walk downstairs and see my mom & dad sitting there talking. They both look at me and I roll my eyes.

I grab my binder off of the counter with my phone and walk outside.

I called Nash.

"Hello?"

"Hey can you come pick me up?" I ask.

"For sure fellow püma lover."

I laughed and hung up. He came about 15 minutes later and we went back to his house.

We walked inside and I went straight to Hayes room. He was standing next to his dresser trying to find a shirt to wear.

"Ugh." I said and fell face first on to his bed.

"Rough morning babe." he said not looking at me.

"Mhm." I said into the pillow.

"Hey maybe moving won't be that bad?" he said.

I gave him the 'are you shitting me?' look. He shrugged.

"Your mom said that it was closer to me, Seth, and the school. Why not?" he said scratching the back of his neck.

"That's completely beside the point and- Hayes can you please put a shirt on?" I whine.

"I don't what shirt to wear?!" he screams. I swear he's such a girl sometimes.

I walk over to his dresser and hand him a dark blue OBEY shirt and then put his black SnapBack on his head. I go and sit back on his bed.

"Thank you." he says in a whisper.

"What's so bad about moving?"

"Just the fact that..." I say and then trail off. I know he's going to think its stupid.

"That what?" he says and spray axe on himself.

"Nothing." I say and look at my hands.

He walks over to me, stands me up, and then replaces me on top of his lap.

"What's wrong? Tell me honay." he says trying to mimic me by saying 'honay'. He moves a piece of hair that fell form my bun behind my ear. I laugh and smile at his joke.

My eyes start to water a little. He noticed and puts his arms around my waist.

"Your gonna think I'm stupid." I laugh looking up trying to keep my tears from falling.

"I would never think that...at a time like this." he smiles. I laugh a little and look at Hayes holding my hand.

I take a deep breath.

"I just feel like. If the house is gone, so are all of the memories and people we had in it are too." I say and a tear falls.

Hayes P.O.V

I didn't think that moving was going to be this big to her.

I look in her eyes and I smile.

"I already feel weird about saying that out loud don't make me feel worst." she laughs and covers my mouth with her hand. I grab it and kiss it.