Chapter 45: This summer

Your P.O.V

I woke up and put on shorts, my bright pink V-neck, and my navy blue vans. I had my mom fishtail my hair.

When I got to school I went to my locker. Hayes was standing there.

"Hey." He said awkwardly.

"Hi." I said back. I opened my locker, got my things, and started to walk to 1st.

"Are we okay?" he asked, shutting down the silence. I looked at him.

"Yea. Just...that news yesterday." I laugh slightly at the last part.

"Yea. I'm sorry for just blurting it out yesterday. You know if it was my choice I'd stay here and we'd have the whole summer." he said, put his arm around my shoulder, and kissed my forehead.

"I know. I just thought this summer was different." I said disappointed and walked into class.

Hayes P.O.V

I just ruined her summer. Maybe I can see if she can come with us?

No her parents won't let her. More softball scouts are going to be looking at her since she's starting travel ball again.

I walked into class and noticed (y/n) wasn't in her normal seat next to me. She was sitting next to Anahei and Andrew was sitting where (y/n) usually is.

"What happened?" I asked.

"(Y/n) needed to talk to Anahei about something." he said. I nodded and started the work.

Okay all day she's been ignoring me. What did I do?

I tried to talk to her after school, but she left in hurry.

Your P.O.V

I guess you could say I've kinda been ignoring Hayes..

It's only because I know he wants to talk about this summer, but if we talk about it I know I'm going to miss him like crazy and the thought of other girls with him..

I just feel like were going to have to...you know...anyways.

I sprinted to Seth's house because I basically live there now.

I walked in and threw my stuff on the coffee table and went to the kitchen.

All of my aunts and my mom were there.

"Crap." I whispered to myself and tried to walk backward slowly and quietly back to the living room.

"Hey (y/n/n)" my mom said and hugged me.

"Hi mom." I said trying to sound happy. I gave everyone a hug and a kiss.

"Well okay I'm gonna go upstairs and.."

I sprinted up the stairs.

I walked into Seth's room, opened his window, and climbed on to the roof.

Yea, roofs are kind if mah thang.

I sat down and went on my phone. Hayes kept texting me. I ignored them and set my phone down.

"This summer was suppose to be different." I said to myself.

"Hayes was suppose to be here with me. No softball for a whole summer. No annoying alarms waking me up at 3 sometimes 5 in the morning. Just us having an unforgettable summer."

"That can still happen."

I turned around and Seth was climbing on to the roof to sit next to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"He was talking about canceling all of his trips and staying." he sighed, wiped his hands, and wrapped his arms around his knees.

"He can't do that. His fans want to see him." I said.

"You and I both know Hayes will do anything for you." Seth laughes. I groan and climb back into the house. I grab my phone and text Hayes.

Hayes💘: Don't do anything meet me at the corner.

He read it and replied okay.

I run out of the house and to the corner. I see Hayes walking out of his house, he has his hands in his pockets.

We stand at the corner silent for a couple of seconds.

"You can't just ditch this summer." I say finally breaking the silence.

"You did. The scouts were going to the tournament. You basically just gave up your future for me." he said waving his hand in the air and then to himself.

"I cancelled some of the tournaments not all of them. I'm not going to some of the ones out of state." I said.

"So what does that mean?" he asked.

"While you were doing Magcon depending on what town you were in would determine if I go to the tournament." I said. His eyes went wide.

"Then why have you been ignoring me?" he asked and stepped loser to me.

"Because...how could I look at you and not want to punch and kiss you at the same time." I laughed.

"What do you feel like right now?" he asked, and put his hands on my hips.

"A little bit of both." I said and rested my arms on top of his.

He leaned down and kissed my lips. I hugged him and rested my head on his chest.

"What are we going to do?" I sighed. He rubbed up and down my back.

"Well figure it out."

"We graduate in two days." I said and looked up at him.

"Yep and I can't wait to see what dress you chose to wear." he smiled and kissed me again.

"Come on let's go back to my place and watch a movie." he said and pulled me forward. I whined.

"Hayesie back ride." I said and smiled. He turned around and I hopped on his back. We went to his house.

He threw me on the couch and walked to the DVD player.

"Shark Tail?" he laughed and held it up.

I nodded and grabbed a blanket that was draped over the couch. Hayes put the movie in and we cuddled on the couch.

"I love you." I said looking at him and smiled.

"I love you more." he said and kissed my forehead.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

Sequel or nah?

Yea that was me trying to be cool😅 didn't really work..

Comment if you want the sequel to about their summer together or just go straight to freshman year?

Follow me on twitter for more book updates. Thanks for the reads👽💜