Chapter 17

Steve was in the allied headquarters in London, repeating where he saw the Hydra bases located. It was hard to remember it perfectly, but his memory was better then ever before now. A perk of the serum it seemed.

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near the Baltic." He placed a mark right where he said. "And the sixth one was... about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line." A soldier took the map away as he looked at Peggy. "I just got a quick look."

"Well, nobody's perfect." She told him as they walk over to Phillips, another map laying out on the table.

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." He remarked, smiling a bit. Sergeant Barnes. It was even better now that he'd seen him in action. It felt so much more real now.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base." Phillip ordered.

"What about us?" Peggy asked.

"We are gonna set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say, Rogers? It's your map, you think you can wipe Hydra off of it?" Phillip said proudly, curious for Steve's answer.

"Yes, sir. I'll need a team." He already had the men in mind, their faces sticking in his mind. They would do exceptional in Steve's eyes.

"We're already putting together the best men."

"With all due respect, sir. So am I." He chuckled and leaves the room to go recruit the men.

⌛️⌛️⌛️

They were in. Steve knew he could persuade them. They were strong, loyal men. They'd do perfectly. He looked over to Bucky at the bar counter and walked over to him after dropping the beers off at his table of men.

"See? I told you. They're all idiots." Bucky chuckled, running a hand through his hair, something Steve would never stop loving.

"How about you? You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?" He said as he sat at the stool, a small smile on his lips.

"Hell, no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight or my terrible endearments. I'm following him. But you're keeping the outfit, right?" He teased, winking at him over his beer.

"You know what? It's kind of growing on me." Steve chuckled as footsteps came closer, his eyes drifting to Peggy in her tight fitting, deep red dress and black heels. She looked amazing.

Bucky watched Steve's gaze with slight jealousy, looking at Peggy. Damn, she was fucking gorgeous. Why wasn't he surprised that Steve was staring?

"Captain." Peggy addressed.

"Agent Carter." Steve replied with a nod.

"Ma'am." Bucky said with a charming smile, trying to draw Peggy's attention away from Steve. He could see she liked him and it made his skin itch with hot jealousy. She ignored him as he ignored his own jealousy.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try. Tomorrow morning?" Peggy said.

"Sounds good." Steve smiled.

"I see you top squad is prepping for duty."

"You don't like music?" Bucky questioned.

"I do, actually. I might even, when this is all over, go dancing." Peggy looked over to Steve with a meaningful look.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Bucky said more snappishly then he planned.

"The right partner. 0800, Captain."

"Yes, ma'm. I'll be there." Steve gave her a little salute as she walked off.

"I'm invisible. I'm...I'm turning into you. It's like some horrible dream." Bucky joked despite the jealousy that still burned hot in the bottom of his stomach.

"Don't take it so hard. Maybe she's got a friend." Steve said with a chuckle, wrapping an arm around Bucky's shoulder.

"I don't need a friend when I've got you, Stevie." Bucky squeezed his knee as he stood. "I'll see you tomorrow. I have to go either drink or find a cute girl to dance with after that painful rejection." Bucky half-joked, walking off before Steve could ask him to stay.

⌛️⌛️⌛️

The blonds kiss was a surprise to Steve, but he didn't push her away. Bucky always kept his image up to being a ladies man so no one knew about them, and he couldn't let anyone suspect him and Bucky. Bucky wasn't a super soldier, and he didn't know if they'd kick him for being with him.

So instead he went on and kissed the blond, playing along despite missing the stubble or calloused fingers on his cheek. What he didn't expect was to be caught by Peggy,

"Captain!" She snapped as Steve Lorraine separated instantly, Steve partly glad for that. The woman was a bloody face sucker. He wiped the lipstick off his mouth happily as he looked at Peggy, feeling strangely guilty at her gaze. "We're ready for you. If you're not otherwise occupied." She was clearly annoyed as she turned and walked ahead, not sparing a glance to Steve.

Steve sighed and followed after the head-strong brunette woman.

⌛️⌛️⌛️

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options." Steve looked at the table of shields, eyeing them in anticipation. "This one's fun. She's been fitted with electrical relays. It'll allow you to..." He cut him off when he saw a shiny round shield.

"What about this one?" It reminded him of the comics they made for his persona, the shield fitting nicely in his hand.

"No! No! That's just a prototype." Howard objected.

"What's it made of?" Steve found it rather light.

"Vibranium. It's stronger than steel and a third of the weight. It's completely vibration absorbent."

"How come it's not a standard issue?"

"That's the rarest metal on earth. What you're holding there? That's all we've got." Howard pointed out.

"You quite finished, Mr. Stark? I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business." Peggy said, irritation obvious to Steve. He smiled though, holding the shield against him.

"What do you think?" He asked. Peggy picked up a gun and shot at him, making him flinch and cover himself.
Once the bullets stopped, he looked up with a slight 'kicked puppy' look.

"Yes. I think it works." Peggy put the gun down and walked out of the lab in quick strides as Howard watched, stunned.

"I, uh, had some ideas about the uniform." Steve pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, handing it to Howard.

"Whatever you want, pal. I haven't seen Peggy that mad at anyone." Howard laughed under his breath as Steve sighed for probably the hundredth time that morning. First Bucky, now Peggy was mad at him. At least Bucky was more secretive about it.

17 KISSES OBTAINED