E 28

SANYUKTA 

I woke up early in the morning coz today is my engagement and I don't want to be late for the ceremony. It will be in afternoon and my relatives will reach before that. Last night mehendi artist applied mehendi on my palms as I m wearing full sleeves blouse so it didn't worth to applied on my arms too. Till 1 am Maa applying some lotion to make them dark. I don't find any reason for making them darker. It will be dark eventually.

I came out of my room after freshen up. Maa is in kitchen and preparing breakfast. 

Now u should help her in cooking frequently .

I showed my tongue to my inner voice mentally and I and Maa had our breakfast. Where she told me that beautician will reach at the hall only for her art work on my face. I rolled my eyes. Why I need any make up for engagement. I m happy with my face as it looked and Randhir liked me as I am. 

I really want my engagement simple and close ceremony but I doubt  the way Maa is excited and her grandchildren thought still give me goosebumps. I never afraid of things which comes in my professional life but now I m scared. I feel like nausea is engulfing me and my stomach is twisted coz of this nervousness and anxiety.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We left for the hall. It is 20 mins far from my place but I have to reach before coz my beautician already  reached there and waiting for me. I reached the hall and entered from the back door. Maa put the dress on the table and left. Beautician check my dress and smiles which is reaching till her eyes.

~~~~~~~~

I sit on chair and she start with my makeup. I already told her about I don't want heavy one and she told me that be patience and closed my eyes. I did the same. And after an hour I look at my reflection in mirror. My eyes remained open for long. Is it me ? It is really me?  I m looking totally different. My hair tied in tight bun. My lips were painted in red, eyes were in kajal and the make up is minimal too... I blinked my eyes twice. Thrice. Is it really me?

Beautician: Ma'am u looking gorgeous...

I didn't utter a word and only looked at my reflection again. Lehenga is looking so beautiful on me. Its not tight or loose its perfect showing my curves.There is knocked on the door and she opened and Maa entered with gasped face. Her hands covered her mouth and eyes are wide open. I give her toothy smile and shrug my shoulders casually.

Maa: sanyu...

She blinked her eyes.

Maa: bachaa... bahut sundar lag rhi hai...

Her eyes get moist... She immediately put a finger in corner of her eye and take out the kajal and put behind my ear.

Maa: najar na lage...

She turned to the beautician.

Maa: beta thank u aapka...

Beautician: ni aunty.. yeh huamra kaam h... par ma'am bahut beautiful lag rhi..

Maa turned to me.

Maa: chal Randhir aa gaya hai..

I nodded with blush... Blush I think first time I blushed... I bit my tongue and walk with Maa.. With passing time I feel like nausea again. Butterflies start flying in my stomach again. Nervousness, anxiety hovering me and blankness in my mind. Damn its seriously flushing moment for me. I just hope I don't puke on the stage and in front of him. 

*

I stand at the entrance of hall and a cameraman came and start clicking my pics. I smile to them but I start looking the hall so that no one catch my eyes roaming in the hall. Hall is full of peoples. Sameer Uncle with his family but there is no sign of Ranveer. May be he is on his duty. My relatives and friends along with his. I looked at the corner and Kaustki waving her hand. She is carrying his five month old  boy with Jiggy. He is nearly a resemblance of Kaustki. I smiled to them then averted my eyes and I stopped.