chapter 18

Jonathan had spent so much time sulking. She rejected him but why.

Jonathan wasn't one to talk about his problems but it was about time he did. He know found himself with Lucian in his cabin.

Jonathan told Lucian everything that had gone down with bea.

"Jon do you love her?"

What? Was Lucian that crazy in love to ask if he was in love?

" I don't know.....love isn't something I wanna think about...or if I can....."

Did he love her? The though of not having bea in his life hurt. Not being able to protect her or William.

"I think you know the answer to it Jon. Go tell her before you lose her" Lucian said.

Jonathan smiled to his friend. He needed to tell her now or never.

"Captain!" A boy yelled running into the cabin. "Land has been spotted and a ship!"

Lucian stood up and nodded to Jonathan before leaving.

Jonathan then followed to the top deck. He spotted bea and cookie on the deck with William. The moon light shone down on her. She looked like an angel.

Lucian was busy talking to the crew so Jonathan took the moment to tell bea how he felt.

The older man stayed with rosalind. He sat outside the door keeping watch to see if anyone was around.

Rosalind heart was pounding. This was her chance. She slipped out of the room into the dark hallway. The slave took her to the top deck. It was dirty and empty.

Rosalind slipped down to docks with the slave behind her. He told her he had a small home hidden away to take me. He said I would be safe there until they could find away to get me away from Edward. 

The streets where dark and cold. Rosalind kept her hand on her belly. She was doing this for him. 

"My lady in here" the man told her pulling her into an older looking home. It looked run down but it was warm. Tons of ladies and men a young kids filled the house.

"Thomas who is this woman? She's white!" An older lady said to the slave who stood behind her. Thomas was his name. She would never forget that. 

"Aye mama this is lady rosalind"

The older woman looked to him and back to her she studied rosalind and her eyes fell to her hands. They still held her small belly. 

"So you bring her here and she's with child! Thomas I raised you better then this!" The woman roared.

"Aye mama she's with child but not mine! She needed help she helped and loved lijah........." his voice drifted off as said her name.

The woman's face went cold. She knew lijah wasn't coming home. She then turned to rosalind.

"Come with me girly we need to clean you up and give you a good meal for that babe"

Thomas nodded for her to go with the woman. She knew she was safe for now.

Bea bounced the little baby on he lap as she sat on the deck. Jonathan was nervous. Maybe she didn't want him anymore. 

"Bea can we talk"

She stood up with William on her hip.

"What do you want to talk about?" 

She looked and sounded hurt. He did this to her.

"Bea I am an idiot. A stupid man. I hurt you I was too stupid to see that I......I lo.....I love you. I want to marry you because I love you and William." 

He watched the tears form in her eyes and a smile grow on her face.

"I love you too Jonathan"

Jonathan moved in on her closing the space between them. He brushed his lips against hers before finally kissing her.

William started to fuss in bea's arms. Jonathan took the young babe and held him between him and Bea. This was his family. This was the start of something great.

Lucian watched as his long time friend and first mate. He deserves this  Jonathan and him had been friends for so long. Jonathan always wanted a wife and kids but never found the right woman. 

It was time for Lucian to get his true love back.

Edwards ship was spotted in the port. On bored was Rosalind, she would be back with him soon. Lucian brought the ship in farther down port.

He wanted to keep away from Edward. He was waiting for the moment he removed rosalind from the ship. 

~1 1/2 week(s)~

How has the man not made a move yet!

Lucian had been wait too long. So he sent some men to scope the area. To see what was up over there.

How had Edward not moved her yet it's been almost 2 weeks.

No one was aloud to leave ship unless aloud by Lucian. Bea wasn't happy about it. She was bugging Lucian to let her go on land she wanted to see London. 

Lucian understood that she wanted to get married right away or something. He didn't blame the girl but he was protecting her.

"Captain we have some good news and bad news"

Lucian turned to face the man behind him. It was one of his crew members he had sent aboard.

"Speak up then man" Lucian barked.

He had been meaner lately but it was cause he missed rosalind.

"Good new rosalind isn't with them she escaped the ship.....but bad news they don't know where she went she's gone."

It's a free for all.

Lucian ran down the deck to where Jonathan sat with bea and William. 

"Jon we have to start scouting. Rosalind isn't on ship she's in London gone somewhere."

Bea looked shocked and scared. She took William from Jonathan.

"When do we move then?" Jon asked.

"Tomorrow in the early morning before dawn".

Rosalind was happy.....ish.

She missed Lucian still but she was with good people.

She learned that lijah was Thomas's sister. Thomas was only 25 and his sister 14. She and Thomas were living in the slums and went and joined the crew in hopes to make good money but they lost much more.

Rosalind still missed the young girl. Her smile was what kept rosalind going.

Rosalind spent her days working with Thomas mother whom was called thelma.

She would take care of rosalind bath her feed her. She made sure that the baby was being fed. Thelma thought rosalind was small for how far along she was.

She was close to a full 3 months now and just starting to show.

She still though of Lucian but her hopes of seeing him again were fading.

She couldn't be sad forever she needed to think about herself....and the baby.