chapter 20

~2 week time skip~

Rosalind woke up to the morning sun pouring in on her face. It didn't bug her all that much it meant she was free and safe.

Edward hadn't shown his face around but Lucian knew he was out there. Lucian had taken every step to protecting her. No one was aloud to enter there cabin after 8pm besides select people.

She wasn't aloud to leave the ship at any cost. It made for a boring time since she had nothing to do anymore. It made her miss her times cooking with cookie.

She still went and had tea with him bea and William. They would gossip as cookie played with his young grandson. Cookie always called bea and her his daughters.

Cookie was like her father. He cared more then hers did. He protected her and cared for her like a father should.

Lucian had tried to contact rosalind father but no word had come. It made her wonder where he was or what happened to him.

He wasn't a very good father. He always yelled and made her feel awful. She would hear him stumble in from his nights at the whore house.

Lucian was going to go see what had gone on with her father him and Jon both.

Rosalind pushed all thoughts aside and rolled over hoping to feel Lucian but nothing. Where was he?

She got up from bed and dressed herself in her new gowns. Lucian had found away to get some new clothes for her and the ever growing belly of hers.

She was now passed 3 months and pushing 4. She felt her small bump. This was her baby. Lucians baby. There baby.

Lucian felt bad for leaving in the early morning but he had too. He knew if he left when Rosalind woke she might not let him leave.

The pregnancy made her more close to him. Plus after all she went through he knee better then to leave her but he didn't leave her alone. Lucian made sure bea was awake. Bea and Rosalind were like sisters they bonded over baby stuff.

Lucian had to focus right now.

Jonathan and him were dressed in black ready for stelth. They were right outside the cartel house. The house Rosalind spent her childhood in.

Inside through the window Lucian could see Edward yelling with Rosalind father.

"I don't give a damn Peter you said you would give me the damn money. I will have her and you know it." Edward yelled at Peter cartel Rosalinds father.

"Edward calm down you lost her twice now. Find her keep her this time and if what you say is true she's knocked up then kill the bastard"

Lucians blood was boiling. His child was no bastard. No one got to call his unborn babe a bastard.

Lucian moved forward but was stopped by Jon who gave him a stern look.

"Edward she can't have gone far. She's one girl check everywhere. Check the docks the ships pay the captains to let you search."

Lucian looked to Jonathan. They needed to move now. 

Jonathan and Lucian ran through the streets as fast as they could on foot. Edward was on horse back and must be moving fast. They needed to leave or hide rosalind. Bringing her back wasn't the best choice but where could they take her?

They needed a plan or at least to hide her. Lucian needed someone to pretend to be the captain. He was going to run with rosalind. Somewhere he never thought he would see again. 

Rosalind sat with bea on the deck of the ship. They had enjoyed breakfast together and we're playing with William now.

It was calm and peaceful until Lucian and Jonathan came running in out of breath. Bea took to worrying something awful about Jonathan.

Lucian pulled Rosalind aside, "we need to move you now!" He said to her.

What? In the day light?

"Why where how?" Questions formed like crazy in her head.

Lucian didn't say a word he handed her a cloke and the were off Jonathan in tow.

They had grabbed some horses from a man on the docks and ran out into the country.

A beautiful house came into view. It was grand very class yet still carried some vintage things.

"Where are we Lucian?"

She couldn't wait to ask anymore.

"This my love is my home" 

Jonathan jumped down from his horse. Rosalind slip off from the horse she had ridden with Lucian. 

Jon hadn't been here in years. He remembered everything though. Him and Lucian played here as kids all the time before his father died. Lucians mother became cold after that.

"Are you two going to tell me what is going on here now?" Rosalind demanded.

Lucian wasn't going to tell her so I did.

"Edward is going to be checking ships for you and if we say no he's gunna know your there so it's best you stay here"

Her face went white and her hands fell to her small bump. She kept quite.

Lucian walked inside with rosalind behind him.

"Who's there how dare you come here......Lucian? Jonathan?" An older woman said coming down the stairs. Lady Eleanor greyland.

"Hello ellie" I said hugging the woman. She was always like another mother to me.

"What on earth are you boys doing here and who is this?"

Jonathan turned to face rosalind she tried to hide behind Lucian but he held her at his side.

"Mother this is my fiance rosalind, rosalind this is my mother lady Eleanor greyland" Lucian introduced everyone.

Jon watched as lady greyland studied rosalind up and down. Judging by the way she took her time to look at the small bump she knew she was pregnant.

"Lucian I haven't seen you in years and you bring home this lose skirt girl? I thought I raised you better then this" lady greyland yelled.

Jon stepped between rosalind and lady greyland. he nodded to Lucian and took rosalind upstairs to lucians old room.

Downstairs you could here the yelling and fighting.

"Did I do this I don't wanna break a family up because of this" rosalind said so innocently.

"No dear it just a long long story"