mack

"Sorry again, Sam." I said, hugging my roommate. "Ah, not really. It was quite fun if I'm being honest."

I laughed before Aaron started yelling at me to come to bed since it was already almost two in the morning.

"Mack! Where art thou! I summon thee!"

"Two completely different things, babe." I laughed.

"So what?" He kissed me before turning off his light.

"So nothing, was just pointing it out." I laid my head on his chest. "Did you let the pups out?"

He slowly got up and opened the door, exaggerating on the word no while he was obviously going to take the dogs outside.

---

"Good morning." I said, waking Aaron up.

"Come on."

"What?" I pulled the blankets from the bed.

"Why so early? We don't have any plans."

He looks towards our open door and sees Haley all of the guys standing there, in workout clothes before looking back to see me in my workout clothes.

"What's going on?"

I pull him to where he is sitting up. "You are supposed to come to the big kid gym."

I laughed and they all knew what I meant.

"Oh. Give me like five minutes." He got up while I left the room and went downstairs to start the car.

"I thought I took long in the mornings." I stated, trying not to let out even a giggle.

"Ha. Ha. Just drive." He looked at me with big puppy dog eyes.

---

"Great jump, Mack!" Corbin applauded me.

"How are you so good at this?" Haley whined. "It's probably you're perfectionist side, you need to be great at everything."

"I'm not. All I am doing is jumping. If you want to see someone who's good at it, just look at everyone but Aaron."

"Hey, I thought the proposal would keep me safe from jokes?" He said, walking up to me.

"Well, you thought wrong."

"You wanna play this game?" Aaron asked, snaking his arms around my back.

"Try me." I pet his blonde hair as a tease and shoved him into the mat behind him.

Corey came over, throwing his arms into Aaron's face. "Ooh! You just got rejected, son!"

"Funny." He laughed, lifting himself off the ground. "I'll be right back."

Aaron walked over to the bathrooms while Haley went for the jump off of the small roof.

"Go Haley!" I cheered.

Aaron entered the bathroom and they all told me it was my turn to jump.

"Can't I wait? I just went!"

"Since Aaron is taking a bathroom break, it's your turn again." Elton instructed.

"Fine, Princess Cousin Kyle." I said, rubbing my hand against his practically non-existent beard.

He tried to chase me but I ran up to the top of the tallest ledge, one that not even all of the guys use.

"Adjust your footing, you might miss the mat." Corin guided me.

I do as Corbin says and start to brace myself for the jump.

As soon as I jump, I feel myself falling through air. However, as I fall closer to the mat I realize how off my alignment is. I am going to fall... and not the way I'm supposed to. Apparently I didn't adjust my footing enough.

Right when I hit the ground, I feel the bone crack.

I screamed as everyone came running towards me, including a confused and frightened Aaron who just returned from the bathroom.

"What happened?" Aaron begged for answers from everyone.

"She fell." Colby bluntly explained while I bit my lip in pain.

"It's broken." I mumble, clutching onto my wrist.

"What?" Haley asked for confirmation.

"I said: It. Is. Fucking. Broken." I repeated, annoyed.

"What do we do?" Sam asked as he freaked out.

Elton and Aaron took their shirts off, using them as a pillow to elevate my wrist.

"Someone pull the car up to the front." Elton demanded.

"You okay, babe?" Aaron asked, obviously concerned.

"Yeah, it's not my first rodeo."

All of the guys except Aaron and Colby all stared at me with a confused look on their faces.

"I haven't told you, have I?" I awkwardly laughed. "I thought I would have told you by now, I mean, it's been two years."

"Forget it, you can explain later. Now, let's get her to the hospital." Colby instructed them all.

"No." I paused.

"What do you mean no?!" Aaron yelled, feeling quite confused.

"I mean, just go to the walk in clinic down the street."

"No, you're going to the hospital." Aaron demanded.

"She's been through this three times before. You go to the walk in, they wrap it in a soft cast and schedule and appointment with a doctor to put it in a cast." Haley said for me.

"Thanks, Hales."

---

"It is definitely broken." The doctor stopped to keep reading the x-ray. "It's pretty bad, as well."

"I could've said that." I look down at my wrist.

The doctor and I both laughed and Aaron looked annoyed since this isn't necessarily something to laugh about.

"Okay, let me schedule you an appointment and a nurse will be right in to wrap your injury." She left the room, leaving me alone with Aaron.

"I'm sorry." Aaron apologized, even though he did nothing wrong.

I looked at him before responding, "What for?"

"For this." He gestured towards my broken arm.

"It's not your fault."

"I wasn't there when it happened. I could've done something. If I was there I wouldn't have let you jump off of that."

"And I would've done it anyways. It wouldn't have mattered, it is something I need to do."

"You mean something you needed to do?" He asked.

"No, I didn't do it right. I need to do it right."

"No."

"You can't keep saying that." I paused again. "It is my choice."

"Okay, just don't hurt yourself."

"I won't." We exchanged a kiss. "I promise."