haley

"Mack! Haley! Hurry up!" Aaron yells out. I quickly finish putting in my earrings and head downstairs with Mackenzie. Aaron and Colby's jaws drop and I instantly start to turn red.

"Wow," Colby says in complete shock. "you look amazing."

"Thanks, babe

"Thanks, babe." I blush. I was wearing the brand new maroon bodycon dress with the off the shoulder sleeves. (outfit above) "You look amazing too."

"Not as good as you." My whole face turns the brightest shade of red. "You're so cute when you do that."

I punch his shoulder. "Stop it."

***

"Can I make a toast?" Aaron says as the waiter collected our plates from the table.

"Gopher it." Mackenzie laughed.

"First, I love living with all of you guys. I love living in that house. It is so cool to watch Amanda and Elton's family grow and to just be able to spend every day with my absolute favorite people... even if they annoy the poop out of me sometimes." He glares at me and I struggle to contain my laughter.

"Why do I feel like there is a but coming?" Elton asks. "Is it because Amanda's hormones are way out of whack? I promise, we only got a little while left bro." Amanda smacks Elton, making us all laugh.

"Well... there is a but coming. That's probably why."

We all stare at him. I don't understand how Colby and I can be this serious for this long.

"What the f*ck do you mean?" I ask, getting aggravated since he hasn't said anything yet.

"Well, I love living in this house with my girlfriend and all of you guys. But, I don't want to live there with my girlfriend anymore." Mackenzie turned towards me and raises an eyebrow in a confusion. He gets down on one knee while she was still facing me and pulled a box from his pocket. "I don't want to live there with my girlfriend..." She looks back at Aaron, covering her mouth with her hand. "because I want to live there with my wife." Tears fell from her eyes and she ran out of the building. "What?" He says.

"Go. Follow her." I instruct him, in a calm but concerned tone.

***

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Come on guys!" I yell out. "Every morning the counter is dirty! Who does this?!" There was no answers. I forgot, Colby has a photoshoot and everyone else went to the fair again. I grab my headphones and slip in the small white ear buds. I scroll through my over a thousand songs on my playlist and put on Hoodie by Hey Violet and start cleaning the kitchen. "I'm still rocking your hoodie! And chewing on the string! It makes me think about you so I wear it when I sleep!" I sing since no one is currently home. I'm weird and don't sing in front of guys even though I live with five guys. I've been like that for as long as I can remember. I start collecting the dirty dishes off the counter and start filling up the dishwasher. I dance around while listening to Dead by Madison. "You say you can't live without me, so why aren't you dead yet?! Why you still breathing?! And if you say you can't live without me, so why aren't you dead yet?! Why do you say that?!"

***

Yet again I have my headphones in blaring my music as We Love Our Friends comes on. "You been by my side since freshman year, you're everything I have! Can't forget our uncle who's been there to pay our bills, he's so sexy with that short-*ss beard, you know it gives me chills!" Someone taps on my shoulder and I jump up. I turn around and see Colby standing there laughing. "Colby!" I yell out while taking my earbuds out. "You scared the sh*t out of me."

"I heard you sing." He says with a smile on his face.

"I didn't know you were coming home early."

"I decided to surprise you. Go upstairs and get changed. We're going out for lunch." I run upstairs and quickly change into my black and white striped t-shirt and jean shorts. I slip on my adidas and run back downstairs to meet up with Colby.

We walk towards the car and he quickly runs to grab something out of the trunk of the car. "What's that?" I ask.

"A surprise."

I raise an eyebrow as we get into the car. "What do you mean by a surprise? You know I'm impatient."

"You're just gonna have to wait." He smirks.

"Colby, pleeease tell me."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because it's a surprise."

I groan and look out the window. He drives all the way to the nearest park and he grabs a picnic basket out of the trunk. He hands me a large blanket and I start to realize something. "Colby?"

"Yeah?"

"This is where we went on our first date, what are you doing?"

"Just wait and see." He says as we start walking towards the very same tree we sat under during our first date.

"Colby, seriously. What's going on?"

"Let's set up before anything else happens." He says as he sets the blanket down on the grass.

We sit down and he grabs a small box out of if his jacket pocket. "Colby, what are you doing?"

"I give you this ring, as a promise to you. A promise that I'll be there and I'll always be true. I promise that I'll hold you when your day isn't going right, and I will comfort you through the long cold night. I promise that I'll make you smile when you feel like dying. I promise that I'll be here when you feel like crying. I promise that I will guide you when the future isn't clear. I promise I will be there to wipe away your every tear. I promise that no matter what we will make it through. I give you this ring as a promise. A promise that I will always love you." He opens the box to show a small ring. "What do you say? Don't worry this isn't a proposal. I know you aren't ready just yet, but this ring is a promise that we will always be together until you are ready."

"Of course." I lean in and kiss him.