haley

My phone starts ringing from the other side of the room and I reach over and grab it, while Hailey pauses our movie. "It's Mackenzie, what is she doing up so late?" She shrugs. "Hello?"

"Where are you? Colby told me to talk to you for him."

"F*ck him!"

"What?"

"I said f*ck him! He broke up with me. I ain't coming back. He can go screw himself."

"Haley, don't say that."

"Why?! Why not?!"

"Because he loves you. He loved you enough to let you go when he thought you were happier without him. When he saw you happier with Alex and thought you would be better without him in your life."

"Seriously? That's his excuse? Wow, I'm so done. Just leave me alone okay."

"I'm not leaving you alone I will continuously call you until you listen to me, or at least talk to him."

"I am not talking to him."

"You need to, it's what's best for your relationship."

"I don't need to. Just leave me alone, god. What's so hard about that? Give me space." I hang up the phone and put it on do not disturb, so my phone doesn't blow up from Mackenzie.

Hailey's phone begins to buzz on her end stand. She leans over and picks it up. "Oh god."

"What?" I ask.

She holds up a finger. "Hello?"

I can hear a male's voice. "Is Haley there?"

"Um, why?"

"She's mad at me, isn't she?"

"A little bit. You kinda messed up, big time."

"She has every right to be mad. I shouldn't have done that. I took it too far. I don't know what to do. I need help. Please help me."

"Colbs, you messed up. You broke her heart. She's a fragile girl, you ruined her."

"I didn't mean to. I know what she's been through."

"Then what has she been through? Because I've been there for her since the start."

"She has had her heart broken by many guys that she thought she could trust. She told me all the stories."

"Exactly. But, she doesn't want to talk to you, you know that right?"

"I understand that."

"Then give her space. She will talk to you when she's ready."

"Okay."

She hangs up the phone without saying goodbye. "It was-"

"I heard." I set my hand on my stomach. "Everything."

"Haley, what's wrong?" She sets her hand on my knee."

"Remember the prank Colby and Mackenzie pulled on me?"

"Yeah?"

"At the end I pulled a prank on him saying that I can't leave the father of my unborn child, and well."

"Well what?"

"I wasn't lying." A tear falls down my face. "I'm not ready for this. I can't be a mom yet. My parents will be so upset with me. I'm only nineteen. My mom was already upset when I left to move here with you and Mackenzie."