Chapter 1

I'm Scarlett, I'm 17 years old and have long brown hair which reaches just below my boobs. My mum died 3 years ago so it's just me and my dad well it was until that night. I guess I better explain what happened. My dad started gambling when my mum died, he regularly came home and when he did we wouldn't speak.

\\Flashback//

"SCARLETT" someone shouted from downstairs. I approached the stairs and found my dad kneeling on the first step with tears in his eyes. I grabbed a hold of his hand and brought him over to the couch.

"Dad what's happened?" As I say that he starts crying even more.

"I'm so sorry Scarlett I didn't mean for any of this to happen" he says putting his hands on both my shoulders. His crying has stopped a bit now.

"Why are you sorry? What did you do?" I say getting very annoyed now.

"You can't live here anymore. I-I gambled you a-away". He gambled me away? What kind of dad does that to their own child? Who has he gambled me away to? This is horrible.

"Who did you gamble me away to?"

"Thomas" please don't tell me it's Thomas Mcallister, he's this guy who takes children away from there families and then sells them off.

"What Thomas?" He just stares In to space. "DAD, WHAT THOMAS?"

"Thomas Mcallister". His name just spreads chills down my spine and not the good kind. I turn away from my sad excuse for a father and walk towards my room.

"I'm so sorry" he says to me as I'm half way up the stairs. I was going to answer him but I just didn't have the strength to talk anymore.

\\Flashback Over//