Chapter 17

I turn around so I'm facing him. 'What is it?'

'I'm moving in a few towns away.' He says and I shriek in his shirt.

'Really?!' I ask.

'Really.' He says smiling.

I hug him tightly and randomly kiss his cheek. We do that sometimes, but not often.

He chuckles and I feel it reverberate in his chest. 'Someone is happy.' He says.

'Ya think?' I say.

'Yes, I do.' He responds dryly. I slap his arm playfully. As response he pokes me in the ribs. I tickle him shortly. We go on like that, doing something else each time.

'Sash?'

'Yeah?'

'I.... I'm so happy you fought for me.' He says.

'Anything for my best friend.' I say and another memory shoots through my mind.

I look down. Should I do it or not? I've been asking this myself a lot the last..... weeks? Months? Years? Who knows.

I still look down when suddenly the voices come.

'Worthless.'

'Stupid.'

'Loser'

'Die!'

'You're not worth living.'

A wave of dizziness hits me while listening to hear voices, fighting them, even though I'm drowning. Without noticing, I fall forward, off the cliff, into the water.

It's only when I connect with the cool water that I notice. Thank god, I can end it all here. I sink underwater slowly into unconsciousness. Heaven awaits. The last thing I hear is worried voices calling my name.

.................

I open my eyes. Where am I? I blink and see hat I'm in a hospital. I see my parents, brothers and Thomas.

'Why?' I croak.

'Why?! WHY?!' My mom asks nearly screaming, but dad calms her down.

The doctor comes in. 'Ah, you're awake. You'll have to stay in the hospital for a long while, sweetheart. You're underweight, you almost could've died.' He says and I panic. What?! No! I've heard of it, fries, fries and fries! A lot of fat food! There are so many calories in it.

Thomas grabs my hands and it calms me down a bit.

I ask my family to leave because they'll only scold and punish me. Thomas stays behind.

'Sasha. Why?'

I don't answer.

'Sasha, promise me you'll fight. I can't live without you. If you'll die..... promise me you'll fight. For me.'

I look in his eyes. I hesitate. Do I really want to live? Face all the torture, bullying?

'How can I if I have to face everyone again. The bullying?' I ask. Thomas's eyes widen but then they soften.

'You can face it. We can. Together. If you face it, it makes you stronger. Do you know the song from Kelly Clarkson? Stronger? And Who You Are nightcore version?' He asks.

'I only know the second one.' I say and think about it.

I bite my lip? Is this the right decision? 'Alright, I'll fight. For you.' I say. I can always kill myself later if it doesn't work. If god still hates me.