Chapter 22

'How? You don't have to tell.' She asks.

'We are performing soon, the boys and I, you should watch. As for your question, bullying, anorexia, depression, abused, not by my family though.' I say and she looks shocked.

'That much?! I already admired you but now I look up to you even more.' She admits.

I look at her in surprise. 'You admired me?' I ask.

She nods. I stare at her dumbfounded for a good few minutes. She squirms under my gaze.

'Can you please stop looking at me like that?'

'Sorry.' I say and avert my eyes.

'Let's go. Do you want me to bring you home?' I ask and pull her up.

'No, my car is over there.' She says and points to a Mercedes. I whistle. Damn, that must've cost a fortune.

I smile at her. 'I'll see you at school then? Although I doubt we'll talk to each other.'

She nods. 'See you at school.' As she steps in and enters the key she mouths a 'thank you' to me, smiling genuinely. I wave at her until she is out of sight and return home.

*

'Sasha, Luke is here for you.' Mom says. I'm glad my brothers aren't there. I roll out of bed sleepily and you can hear a thud.

'Is she alright?' Luke asks worried.

'Ah, she must be waking up.'

I can practically see Luke raising his eyebrow right now. 'Really? That is an...... interesting way to wake up.' He says.

'I heard that!' I yell to both of them and roll to the door. I sit on the stairs and with thuds I get downstairs. I see Luke looking at me.

'I know I look awful but it's impolite to stare.' I say. He seems to snap out of his daze and reaches his hand out to help me up and I gladly take it. We both look at each other, nearly laughing, until mom yells at us to hurry up from the kitchen.

I chuckle at moms behavior, because I know that she just wants to eat. We both go to the kitchen and I eat some waffles that mom made.

'Would you like some waffles Luke?' When she sees Luke hesitate, she adds, 'I'm not taking no for an answer.'

I smile at him. 'Just eat them, they're heavenly.'

'How do I know that you're not lying?'

'Because cooking is in my family, except for me then. But everything my mom makes is good, except spinach.'

'Really? I love spinach!' He exclaims.

I scrunch my nose. 'Just eat the waffles.' I say and we both eat in silence.

Luke POV
When I saw Sasha coming down the stairs on her ass I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Damn, sexy bedhead. Sarcasm intended. I'm so going to tease her about that later, and protect her from guys, obviously.

'Says the guy who fucked almost every girl in the school' my brain says.

I huff. Shut up brain. Besides, it's Sasha. She is my best friend, I'd do anything for her. I snap back to reality and start eating. I groan and see Sasha smirk. I raise an eyebrow at her questioningly.

'My mom can enchant anyone with her food, and we made a bet.' She smiles secrectively.