Chapter 20

Sorry for the late update, don't have much inspiration these days. 😕

Adrian POV
'WHAT?!' She shrieks and I wince. She looks ready to beat some sense into him.

'Why?' I ask.

'Why what?'

'Why do you seem to........ care?' The word sounds foreign on my lips.

'Even though you were my bully that doesn't mean you deserve this. I never knew this.' She says softer this time.

'Now I understand. All the bullying. You were treading in his footsteps. You have to prove that you are better than him.'

'How?'

'By not bullying or getting drunk a lot, because that is a waste of time and can lead to, or be, a alcohol addiction. Step 1, no more bullying. Or discriminating and anything related. No abuse, whether it's physically, verbally or sexually. But I'm not an expert.' She says.

I sit straight, my face burning a little because of what I did. 'I'm sorry, your shirt is wet.' I say, still sniffing a little.

'Doesn't matter. I'm happy you told me.' She says.

We sit there in silence until the sun has set and we watched the sky. First it was yellow orange pinkish, now it is blue blackish with thousands of white little dots littering the sky.

I go home with dread. I take a deep breath and step inside. I see dad slapping mom and Andy.

I quickly run their way and stand in front of them protectively. I catch their punches and slaps while the tears crawl over my cheeks.

'Go.' I croak. Mom and Andy hesitate but when I say it again they scramble up from the floor and creep upstairs.

I lay on the ground and dad unbuckles his belt and is about to lash out when I hear a door open. Seconds later dad lays on the ground. I open my eyes carefully and see Sasha standing there.

'YOU INFURIATING STUPID BASTARD!' She yells. I see fury oozing out of her behind that mask she must've perfected over the years.

Dad stands up, mad, but when he sees Sasha he looks surprised, then he smirks.

'Dirty little slut.' He says gleefully. What did he just call her?!

She narrows her eyes. 'I'm not that weak little girl anymore, Richard.' She says hatefully and kicks him in the groin.

He groans but quickly recovers and wants to kick her in the stomach but she catches his leg and turns him around, making him land on the floor. She releases his leg and helps me up. She sprints to the kitchen.

When she comes back she has a tissue and lays it against Richards nose. Richard, who was standing again but stumbling now falls for the second time.

She goes upstairs and seconds later she holds a trembling Andy in her arms and mom is behind her. She gestures for me to come and I obey.

She puts Andy on the ground and holds his hand comfortingly. Then we walk outside as if nothing happened and we approach the car.