Chapter 23

Hi guys... this is going to be the last chapter. I hope you enjoy, as far that's possible....

I frown. 'Which bet? I want to know.'

'Hate to break it to you buddy, but you'll never know.' She smirks.

I scowl.

A few months later.......

I smooth out my outfit for the millionth time and look at the crowd. A lot of people came to see us perform, more than I expected. Apparently the flyers did a good job of convincing everyone.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. Mason. He hugs me and presses a kiss in my neck.

'Hey love, don't be nervous, you're going to do amazing. You worked so, so hard and deserve everything.' He speaks comfortingly. We're currently dating.

I smile softly in response. The other boys come too and hug us all, making me chuckle.

'We have to start in a few minutes.' Luke says.

I nod and check everything and if everyone is ready, when we quickly run to our spots under the stage. We're barely standing when the platforms rise as the crowd cheers, eager for tonight's show.

We all stand in our starting position and the music starts. The music we chose for the show has a story behind it, a build up, climax and then gradually calm down again.

We started with sad songs about depression, I depicted a girl who was tired of living, the boys were my anchor, the ones who helped me get up. It slowly changed towards more confident, upbeat songs, until she became a power woman, then calmer again, about acceptance and subtle confidence.

Sorry for the random switch in tenses here...

The crowd.... it was alive. It was amazing to see them react to our performance, I saw they all could relate in a way. I spotted Tanya and my family, they were in tears.

When the show was over, we bowed like ten times and James, my dance trainer held a speech. After that we went backstage and hugged each other, showering each other with compliments.

My family stormed in without shame and hugged me, half in tears. I chuckle and smile, holding onto them tightly.

We all showered and changed into our normal clothes. Then we all went out for dinner, without my family. I smiled as I watched everyone talk, drink and eat. A family. I had a new family. One I would protect forever.

~ The end ~

So.... that was it. I know it's short and probably unsatisfying, sorry. Maybe I'll edit it someday. For now idk how active I'm going to be when it comes to writing, I'd rather finish a book first so I don't ditch it and never update like I did with this, but it'll take a long time.

I might post a book about struggles people with hearing loss (maybe deaf too) experience in the meantime. Even if you don't have hearing loss, it'd be great if you'd read it, so you know which mistakes not to make and how annoying it can be.

Until then!

xoxo