Chapter 36

Best Part

The fading lights, the cold, the lack of air. I endured it all until my back hit the hard undermost part of the pool.

No one would save me but myself. Knights in shinning armor only exist in fairytales.

The night sky, the big grey clouds and the violent downpour above can’t be felt in this bottom.

The cold made my body numb as if it made me one with the water but I’m not.

I’m not one with anything because I am human. How I wish I could be just like this heatless body of liquid without feeling anything, without a life that's hunting to tear you down.

I screamed soundlessly as I uselessly grasped for air.

I’m so tired of this reality! Maybe I need help, maybe I’m depressed but can you blame me?

I mean how can life be so cruel? How can it throw everything at once without a warning?

Like a sudden hurricane in a fine sunny day, my walls, my emotional and mental stability, they were all crushed in one single blow like it didn’t took me years to build them.

Angry, frustrated, sad, disappointed and lonely. I sunk here in the bottom like a cold coin being thrown into the end of the ocean.

I just have to endure it more until I can no longer hold my breath to feel how suffocating physically the way I’m living right now.

I just have to feel everything at once until I can no longer take it or until I’ll get use to it. This has always been my greatest survival tactics.

I need to feel the worst so I can withstand everything that’s yet to come.

I am broken. I need help but I am in denial. I want to believe that I’m strong, that I’m perfectly fine and that I can accept everything because it is much better to believe in an ideal than face my own truth.

I close my tearful eyes and remember what had happened today. I need to remember it all and feel every miserable pain until I’m near to passing out.

I always push myself so hard so I can swim back and rise again.

The way Gyu Ri spat venom on my face, the way Min Wook laid his hands on my skin, the look on Jin and Hae Jung’s eyes when they are together, they all flashed in my mind like wildfire.

I was in deep despair when a hand rashly grab my waist and swim me up towards the surface in a frantic movement.

It’s a build of a man I always admire but can never have. Kim Seok Jin.

I look at his face. He was wearing a frown with his eyebrows formed in an angry curves and his lips pressed tight with a small pout.

My God! The water makes him look more than divine!

Funny how he always shows up out of nowhere.

Funny how I’m still being captivated solely by the sight of him. Stupid love!

“Are you insane?!” he growled the moment both our heads were out in the surface.

I grasped for air and cough the water out of my mouth. Well, I was literally drowning myself a while ago but goodness I have no plans on dying yet!

I look at him and noticed that he was still in his white button up shirt he was wearing at the party.

“What are you doing here?” I asked with chattering teeth.

It is still so damn cold as the rain keeps pouring and I’m shivering hard but I can handle it.

“No Seyeon! What are you doing here?! It’s pouring hard for crying out loud! It’s so cold yet you’re out here naked and drowning yourself!” Jin doesn’t usually gets angry, like genuine angry but when he does it could be quite scary.