Chapter 37

Twisted

The bell was ringing. The aisle filled with white roses and a piano was playing on the back ground. People are gathered in this church to witness two people becoming as one. It is indeed a fine winter day to be wed.

Winter.

My spring, summer and autumn flew by in a blink of an eye.

Three seasons passed and unbelievable changes happened.

“Seyeon, are you ready?” Min Young asked and I just nodded.

“We’ll go ahead, okay? I’ve never seen him more nervous than today.” Min Young chuckled and nudge me before she walk ahead.

“You’re so pretty as always. I’m so happy I get to witness this day. Congratulations!” I kick away my own angst and congratulated the bride.

“Unnie. Thank you.” She smiled at me but her eyes were obviously sad for me.

“I’ll go now so don’t fret, okay? Your groom looks like he’s about to cry so don’t you dare cry on this fine day or Min Young will cry as well. You know her.” I chuckled and she just nodded with a smile.

I walk down the aisle wearing white but I am not the bride. I am wearing a white bride’s maid dress. A white wedding in the middle of winter.

I look on the altar and saw how nervous Yoongi hyung is.

I smile as he reminded me of how Joo Hyuk oppa looked during his and Sung Kyung unnie’s wedding.

I look around and saw all the members are present except for one. Kim Seok Jin.

Three seasons, eight months and yet I still remember Jin that night.

He was wearing Taehyung’s Gucci shirt and some slacks. He looked like a prince as always.

The room was full of his blue Smeraldos. My parents, Min Young,  Sung Kyung unnie, Joo Hyuk oppa, Ah Reum unnie,  Maggie, Taehyung and Han Sung were there witnessing his proposal.

“Jung Seyeon, will you be my real Mrs. Kim?”

I remember saying yes to that question.

The confusion in my head didn't matter anymore. He was asking me to marry him and I am more than eager to say yes.

At that moment I was fearless. Min Wook and Hae Jung didn’t matter as the picture of a house away from the city with the three of us living peacefully flashed in my mind.

The fantasy in my head was turning into a reality and I was more than happy.

It was the one of happiest nights of my life. Everything was perfect and the rest of the members witness the most beautiful moment with Taehyung face timing them.

“Yes!” I said while gasping as he slipped the ring on my fourth finger.

It fitted perfectly.

Everyone cheered when he stood up and kissed me passionately.

Han Sung was giggling cutely and confetti were popped.

I remember blowing the cake that night. I remember everything but I still can’t understand what happened to us.

The letter he promised didn’t came and he just disappeared from my life one day, one worst day.

After that eventful night, we resume with our daily lives but our engagement was of course concealed to the public.

His engagement with Hae Jung wasn't announced publicly as per Madame Sejoo’s order but the people in the party knew about their engagement.