Chapter 6

Your feet stomp angrily away, your echo flattens out when you walk up the stone stairs leading to the two staircases separating the girls and boys dormitories and you stop to take a breath and take a moment to consider your options. Your hair is lying on your back except a piece of hair flowing in front of your face like a feather in the cold breeze. The hallway is completely silent, all you can hear is the sound of your own heart pumping in you ears. The stairway is made from stone and the light from the windows shines trough the translucent glass and casts a shadow over the stairs like a dark veil.

The architecture is completely different then in your house. The slytherin corridors seem slimmer and smother than at your house, wich seems harsh, almost incomplete. The corridor is long, heavily decorated with silver and incarnations. The air is fresher then in the common room. Your loose black shoelace is floating over the floor as your feet keep moving forward. Your white shoe creates a contrast from the dark oak floor. The slytherins might be snakes but damn they live nice, like diamond and gold nice. Their halls are mostly draped in green, silver and black. The colours melt so delicately in to each other. You pick the way with the most decorations and the least shadow, the stairway to the left. Translucent curtains cover the white outer corners of the window, and from where you stand you can see the soothing ocean and the wind traveling trough the trees, leaving nothing but a sweet whisper behind. ''Damn I wish I was in slytherin'' You whisper to yourself as you tilt your head towards the sun and the yellow light hits your face, and you stand still admiring the fresh view and the clean air. You stand so close to the window you can feel the frost trough the window on your face, and for each time you exhale, a thin layer of damp stuck on to the window. You lifted your hand up and along side of the window pulling the silk fabric of the curtain trough your fingers. The curtain felt like it was made from air and soft wind. The fabric was so delicate it was almost painful. You breathe out and drag you face away from the view and the window, and hold of to the curtain till it gets to short and as it disappears out of your hand the sensation linger like wind softly stroking the tiny lines on the inside of your palm, shortly before it fades completely. You start lifting your feet and walk further up the stone stairs. The stairway is crumbly and swirls its way up. The walls are close to each other and you pass window by window by window, and you watch as the wind takes a breath and blow it on to the frost covered shapes of the window. Your eyes wildly bounced around the hall, noticing everything, from the sun shining in the mirror, to the tiny pieces of dust caught in the light.

You drag your feet along the flat surfaces of the stairs, and the slight breeze whines when it slithers in under the window. It feels like a movie, idyllic not in a cliché -happy, fairy-tale- they lived happily ever after kind of thing, but in a cold, dark way, like depression, danger and magic rests around the corners, the dark enchanted kind of thing. The stair way is swirly, and the steps are thick on the outside, and thinner the closer to the wall they got. The smoke from the out blown candles slowly drifted upwards with a tail of grey air and a hot smoked trail. The pathway of the stairs is hollow with nothing but brick walls and a few candles, most of them out burned. It does not take long for your eyes so get used to the darkness and your pupils widen. The thing about walking in the dark is that you always become so damn paranoid, you start hearing things and imagine the worst, the darkness creates creatures so horrible you wont even find them the book of monsters, and coldness keeps creeping in on you, and then paranoia takes over. You walk further and further up, and your eyes scanned the walls, suddenly your body jerks, before you even register what it is that caught your eye. Your heart beats so loud it creates an echo in your head. You bend forward to stabilise your breath, and you rest your hands on your knees and your back almost give in. Your mouth feels dry and it seems like you knocked out all the oxygen from your head, and reality starts twitching like a old video game, and shiny stars floats in front of you. You shut your eyes hard, and try to calm yourself. '

'Y/N?'' You open your eyes and hear someone calling your name in the distance. ''I know you are here, you might as well answer'' His voice is playful and strong, you can hear that he is trying to hide laughter and a shallow excitement. Your only thought is to run and hide, you love playing games, mainly because you always win. You hear him shouting, and his voice comes closer. You lift your body up on your tippy toes and start to softly lurk away further up the stairs.