Chapter 10

The light from the vent shone up on you, literally up. You hung your head above the light and looked directly down on an old brown bookshelf, and some green and blue books sprinkled out on the floor. See? I told you I were familiar with the castle, you think to yourself, that is the one thing that makes the difference between you and Draco, and the thing that decides whether or not he is going to catch you.  You start turning the nails keeping the vent in place, and you turn it around until it falls out. The vent makes a small click when you lift it up, and the triangles are left without anything to support.

The top of the bookshelf is very dusty, and here is hidden away all the books that are never read, and parchments with handwriting so old, it's faded and can't be read by those living today. It smelled like an old attic, that hadn't been cleaned since the 20's.

The second you moved your arm over the light from the library, dust and sand fell from the sleeves of your shirt, and the palm of your hands were numb and cold.  You took a deep breath and leaned the top of your body on the edge of the opening, and with a quick movement let your feet fall freely, so there you were with half your body dangling in the library, and the other half inside the school's air renewal system, ''well that something that you don't do everyday'' you think to yourself as you let go, fall 20 centimeters and land graciously.

''Well that wasn't so bad, was it?'' you think to yourself as you jumped down from the shelf, and landed on a blue book. Wait do you still have the black book you found in the common room? You check your back pocket and let out a relieved sigh when your hand meets the cold leather surface. The library is quiet, and you take a moment to listen for Draco, or any unusual sounds, but all you can hear is the staircases creaking in the distance, and the wind shaking up the leaves outside. You move soundlessly out between the two bookshelves trapping you, and run for the hall.

The halls are quiet, and it so soothing, like in a regular day, students are yelling, throwing stuff to each other, crying, laughing and breathing annoyingly loud. But now, its so quiet, its like all life has left, even the mice and spiders have left, and you are literally the only person left in the castle. Well except Draco, just thinking about his name makes your spine shiver, and your hands shake. There is something about this, being chased, its playing hide and seek, but with high stakes, being hunted, you hate admitting it, but it is a rush, and you love it. You are now standing in between the library and the hall, deciding where to run to next, maybe you should try to outsmart him? Or should you just hide forever, or should you make a trap? So many options, and so much time. You take of a shoe, and place it on a wooden table, in between some oil lamps. This was a game you had played in deference against the dark arts, in your 3rd year with professor Lupin. He had taken you in to the woods, and made you play a game, and leave clues to distract your ''enemies''. It's a long story and the rules are to many to tell in one sitting, but this is gonna be good. You grin, knowing fully well that no one can see you, but for the dramatic effects.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~