My Prince

The week passed in a blur for Christine, her days spent with her Father and night at her insufferable job. The pain faded, but Christine still felt no pleasure. She only felt hate and anger towards her customers. Gustave's condition had been worsening drastically. Sometimes he wouldn't even notice her presence in his room.
"Where 'ave ya been?" Carlotta shrieked when Christine entered the busy brothel. There were customers all around with various girls on their arms, and others being dragged out the door towards the rooms of the hotel across the way.
"Im sorry, time escape me." Christine said looking at the floor not wanting to meet Carlotta's scorching stare.
"Maybe use your money to buy a watch." She mocked. "The Vitcome has requested you for an hour." Carlotta said and Christine gasped,
"The Vitcome de Changy? He wants to see me?" Christine said embarrassed at her new job and now having to face her childhood sweetheart. The night they had spent together as finished in slice after he called her by her nickname from their youth.
"Yes, I tried to change his mind knowing you dont have much to offer beside your pretty little face, but he would not accept." Carlotta said but the insults did not phase Christine anymore.
"He wants to see me..." Christine said softly to herself,
"We've addressed that. Don't let anyone hear you talk to yourself, nobody like a loon." Carlotta said in annoyance at the girl.
"Yes Madame, where will I find him?"
"Room 3 upstairs. Don't disappoint him or cry Christine, it is a turn off. You've already cost me three customers this week." Carlotta growled as she left Christine. She wasn't wrong, Christine had began to cry at her second customer on her fist night and again on the second night. Another time later on in the week, she was a mess. Christine swiftly flew up the stairs passing passed out men lining the walls and stairs and many girls being groped by disgusting males. Christine sought out the familiar green door, where she and Raoul shared their first exchange,
"Calm down Christine," She said trying to return some sort of confidence to her quivering soul. She knocked at the door,
"Enter," The familiar voice of Raoul answered. Christine opened the door and looked at Raoul, he looked regal as ever, sitting tall and smoking a cigar.
"Vitcome." She said softly,
"There is no need for formality anymore, Little Lottie." Raoul cooed said with a smirk. Christine looked at him with confusion, wondering why on earth he was here to see her again.
"Little Lottie, let her mind wander," Raoul cooed in a melodic tone, making Christine smile. He stood and Christine closed the door behind her.
"Little Lottie, thought Am I fonder of dolls or of goblins or shoes?" He said walking towards her,
"Raoul... Those picnics in your attic" Christine said softly, "I think I may have hurled from all of that chocolate-"
"No if I remember, it was the gruesome stories of the north that I used to tell you, you were always afraid after." Raoul chucked to himself.
"Well I was six years younger Raoul," Christine said as Raoul took her hands in his.
"I know, but mature beyond your years. I wouldn't have promised marriage to some silly girl." Raoul said, "But I must ask where is your red scarf? I was merely fourteen and jumped into the water to grasp it for you? Surely you couldn't have lost it Little Lotte"
"Oh Raoul, I've missed you." Christine said,
"And I you Christine, I began to think you had left when I retuned a few days ago."
"You know my Papa could never leave this place Raoul, as much as he hates the people, he loves the town." Christine said
"I know, it is a funny little town isn't it?" Raoul said stealing a glance towards the window.
"Indeed." Christine felt at peace for a moment, knowing she was comfortable with someone of her past.
"I always thought I would be your first," Raoul said smirking at Christine and she turned a crimson red.
"But you left," She said sadly
"The duties of a young Vitcome are wholesome. I had no choice." He said rather sternly.
"I understand. What will come of us now?" Christine asked with some soft of hope.
"What do you mean?" Raoul asked with a chuckle.
"You always promised marriage, you alway said you would be my prince, why is it any different now?"

Raoul POV
"Why is it any different now?" I concealed a smirk at her innocence, surely a Vitcome couldn't marry a common whore and ruin the family name. I knew she wanted me to promise her a life away from this dreadful place, a simple lie I could tell to make all of her hesitance towards me disappear. I would never marry her, I was merely a foolish boy when I made those empty promises.
"It is not, but it will take time." I said in a sickly sweet tone, and a smile appeared on her face. "I will save you from this place my Little Lottie." I said caressing her cheek as more lies left my lips.
"My prince..." She said leaning her head into my chest. Foolish girl. I found myself growing disgusted with all the sweetness and purity around her, I only paid for an hour and that's what I shall get.
"Christine, kiss me." I cooed and she obliged by softly pressing her lips to mine. I took her once more and left her alone again, but she was different now. She no longer cried in pain but pleasure as did I, she was my favorite whore here indeed. If anything I could buy her as my mistress for when I returned to Paris, if I was feeling generous. I dressed myself as did Christine,
"When will you return?" She asked with so much hope in her voice.
"Soon, I have business to take care of between here and Paris." I said to her,
"Very well then." She said as she began to tie her hair up once more, teasing her curls to make her look more desirable, curls were certainly not attractive to me, they were always getting in the way.
"Goodbye Little Lottie." I said as I left the room.

Christine POV
He would save me, save me from my demons. I smiled to myself as I left the bedroom, and received looks of distaste from other girls. Only if they were in my situation, knowing a prince was coming to save them.