22

Tino's POV

"Lukas, I'm sorry, but we can't just run out and look for Emil every time he's gone for a few hours," I said, watching as Lukas paced through the living room. "But he hasn't answered his phone in almost twelve hours! Usually it at least shows that he read it, but he hasn't!" Lukas' pacing increased in speed until he was near burning a hole through the tan carpet. He stopped and turned to me, his usually expressionless face full of sadness, "Tino, you know he's my only real family left. I can't bear to lose him too."

"Look Lukas, I know he's your brother and you love him, but he's his own person. You need to give him space sometimes. I'm sure he'll call us soon," I said, shifting on the couch in discomfort. "How are you holding up? You only have four or five weeks left, right?" Lukas asked, changing the subject and sitting on the couch next to me. "I've been fine so far, I guess. I mean, I have awful back pain as Kiku said I would, but I can deal through that. And yeah, four or five weeks left, we don't really know a set time since this shouldn't be scientifically possible. Are you and Mathias ever going to have kids if you're like me?" I asked, smiling innocently at him.

"What?! Kids?! Us?! Hahaha... We would... never...," he said, eyes filling with tears. "I... I don't know if he really... likes me like that. You already know how much Emil hates me, how could Mathias like me?" "Don't say that Lukas!" I scolded him. "Do you know how many times he's come to me asking for dating advice? He doesn't know how to gain your love so he just acts childish, thinking that he can gain your attention that way. If that isn't good enough information then I don't know what is. As for Emil, do you know how much he looks up to you? What he needs isn't a step in mom, he needs a big brother."

Lukas nodded and wiped his tears. He leaned against my shoulder and I brushed his hair out of his face, smiling at his calmer expression. The phone rang suddenly, Lukas scrambling up to grab it.

"Hello?!" he shouted, eyes wide and practically crushing the poor phone in his hands. He listened for a few minutes before hanging up, placing the phone down and slumping next to me on the couch. "He's with Leon, they said he can stay the night since it's going to snow." "And you're letting him?" I asked, gently rubbing his back as he sighed heavily. "I let him stay," he told me, burying his face into the nearest pillow. "That's good, he'll appreciate it, Lukas," I reassured him. He only sighed in response as he laid limply on the couch.