24

Tino's POV

I poked my head out from under my blanket, looking around slowly. I heard the noise again, a loud booming outside the house. "Is that thunder?" I whispered to myself. The room lit up and was soon followed by a boom, confirming my question.

I looked over at Berwald sleeping peacefully, his hair sticking up in all directions. Slowly reaching over, I pet his bangs and giggled. His hair goes right back to where it was after I touch it! He's so cute!

Thunder boomed again, my hand pulling away in caution before making sure he was still asleep. I then reached out and gently booped him on his nose. I continued to poke his nose for awhile before I got bored, moving to squish his cheeks instead.

"Payback," I giggled evilly, squishing his cheeks around like what he does to me. His eyebrow twitched and I squeaked, hiding back into my blanket cocoon for a moment.

When I peeked back out, my violet eyes were met with his sharp blue ones. I squeaked again and quickly hid back under the blanket.

He pulled the blanket down slowly, my blonde hair poking out, then eyes, nose, mouth, and he stopped at my chin. I looked at him in slight terror, flinching when I felt his hand on my head. He pet my hair gently before pulling me over to cuddle him.

"Go t'sleep," he mumbled, nuzzling gently into the crook of my neck. "But I'm not tired," I replied childishly, looking through a slim opening in the curtains to watch the snow. The thunder had stopped, which was very good news. Thunder snow is very dangerous, and it also makes it hard to sleep with all the loud noise.

I felt Berwald move to look at me, then to the window. He sat up slowly, his eyes squinted to see. He then picked me up with ease, causing me to squeak yet again, and carried me to the window.

"'s pretty," he said, holding me gently. I reached out and opened the curtains all the way, nodding in response. "The snow is really pretty," I agreed. He looked down at me and said, "I was talkin' 'bout you."

I looked up at him, my cheeks a light pink. He then leaned down and kissed me, carefully placing my feet on the floor and wrapping his arms around me. "Love ya," he said, resting his chin on top of my head. "I love you too, Berwald," I told him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He picked me up again and carried me back to bed before laying down next to me. "Goodnight Ber," I whispered sleepily. "G'night," he whispered back.