An interesting meeting

Part 10

The smell of fish.....This was the first thought that came to his mind. How he hated this disgusting smell. And this temple was huge. Slowly he opened the next door. ''This room looks different than the last time..'', Link thought and felt the cold aura.

The room was like an open sea, never ending and he could see himself in the reflection. A tree in the middle of the room caught his sight. Prepared to protect himself he took his sword and shield.

''Took you long enough oh great heroooo, Link'', a deep dangerous voice echoed through the room.

''Who's there? Show yourself!'', Link shouted and tried to locate the direction of the voice.

''You didn't recognize me? That hurt. That's unpolite little buddy'', the voice answered.

''Could it be?...'', Link whispered and noticed a movement at the big lonely tree. He examinate the branches and was met with two red and glowing eyes and an evil smile. Link's eyes widened. He couldn't believe that Dark changed that much. His expression, demonic, evil and dangerous. His skin darker than normal. His eyes were tinted with a deep blood red colour and his hair was messy. He looked terrifying.

''Hello hero. Nice to see you again. Everything alright?'', Dark said in a mocking tone and sat down on one of the branches.

''Dark...please come to your senses. You have to fight against the evil..'', Link started.

''Why so unpolite? No hello? Just like the little princess. I should punish you for this behaviour.'', Dark ignored his beggings and jumped to his side. His sword clashed against the Master sword.

''Dark i know why you became this monster, it's because of (Y/N), am i right?'', Link said after dodging some attacks of his evil counterpart.

Dark stopped and froze in the spot, eyes wide. The room got silent and cold.

''You are not allowed to say her name!...'', he whispered and stood still, deep in thoughts. Link prepared himself for his next move.

''I will not say her name again, but listen to me. She wouldn't want that. Think of her kind heart. Her smile and her love for everyone and for you. Don't fill your heart with hatred, because of me and Zelda. It was Ganondorf who took her away. Fight with me against the source of evil and clear your mind. I trust you Dark, we are friends and i don't fight you.'', Link said confident and threw his sword and shild out of his reach. He watched the Dark knight who was shivering. Maybe he reached his heart. Link waited with hope in his eyes.

''And life happily ever after...'', Dark started to sing.

Link's eyes widened and looked into the demon's eyes which were suddenly right before his face. Red liquid stained the hero's tunic and a stinging pain errupted from his stomach. Dark smirked and pulled his blade out of his stomach. Link grabbed the collar of his black tunic to stop himself from falling down.

''I will never clear my mind little hero. You heard stories of her? Lucky for you, but you never saw her in real. She was everything for me. Never in my life did i love someone that much. This pain now is nothing compared to the pain i went through.'', Dark growled and knocked the hero to the ground. Link pressed his hand against his wound.

Dark started to head to the door, ready to leave and let the hero bleed to death.

''Dark...please..stop that..'', Link whispered.

''I see you are hurt. Maybe you should treat your wounds? Oh, but there is no doctor in sight. What a pity. Oh and you know what? This fight was just a destraction. Ganondorf was very angry that you made it and rescued every temple. I came here to play with you and he is on the way to the Castle.'', Dark explained and smirked.

''I have to go now and visit the princess. I am looking forward to her torture.'', he added and left.

Slowly the hero grabbed into his pocket. With his last strength he found the bottle of red liquid and took a sip.

''He really become a monster, but there is hope...i have to find another way...he just locked his  feelings away, but now i have to go on...'', Link got back up. He was lucky that he took a bottle with red liquid with him. He knew his plan was reckless, but in that moment he tried everything to safe his friend.

He started to go on and cleared the temple from monsters to rescue the last sage.  After his work and after leaving the water of lake Hylia he blacked out exhausted.

...

...

''Link! Link! Can you hear me?''

''Link, please open your eyes!''

Slowly he opened his eyes and he found himself in a white room. ''Where am i?'', he thought.

''You blacked out at Lake Hylia...You are dreaming right now.'', a feminine voice explained.

''We want to help you, Link..'', the voice added.

''Who are you?'', he asked and relaxed, because of this angelic tone.

''I am one of the three goddesses. I want to tell you that there is hope for your friend. You tried really hard and your courage was impressing.'', the voice said.

''Yeah...Dark...i don't know what to do...the only thing would be to bring (Y/N) back, but that's impossible..she is gone..Telma told me everything.'', Link sighed defeated.

''Are you sure?'', the voice said in a cheerful tone.

''I know that the goddesses are not allowed to revive somebody. So stop making fun of me.'', he huffed and crossed his arms.

The voice started to giggle. ''Oh my little sweet hero. We don't have to revive her. She is alive. You have to bring her back to the light and cure his broken soul. Ganondorf hide her deep down in his chambers of his castle. We will guide you. Hopefully, Dark will get his mind back.., but we have to try, you have to try.'', the voice explained.

''She is alive!!!!'', he shouted, his eyes wide open, like they would plop out. Suddenly he stopped and made a thinking position. ''Why didn't you tell me that before i got stabbed? It really hurt, you know.'', he growled.

''Link..to be honest. the luck wasn't on your side. Ganondorf left his castle and entered Hyrule. The moment he left the Dark Realm, we could see the land again and then we noticed her presence. Sorry.., but you are a tough young man. You can handle that'', the voice giggled again.

''The luck wasn't on my side? That sounds familiar to me, but I almost died...thank you..'', he huffed and pushed the thoughts away. ''Back to business. Guide me to the castle. I want to find (Y/N)!'', he ordered and smiled brightly.

''As you wish'', the voice answered and the next moment he opened his eyes. The sun was shining and he could hear the singing of birds and smell the fresh air of the nature. He felt strong again, he felt his power rise. The tune of Epona's song danced in the wind and his loyal horse arrived at his side. Ready to safe the world and safe his friend, he headed to the direction of the Lost Woods, a voice in his mind who guided him the right way.

Dark was already on his way to the new residence of Ganondorf. Ready to for his last goal. Princess Zelda. He wouldn't care, if Ganondorf needed her, he was ready to finish his task.

In the meanwhile, Ganondorf arrived at Castle town and monsters attacked the villagers. Telma blocked her windows with wodden plates and stayed with some villagers inside her bar, waiting for their hero. Zelda was surprised by this amount of dark power and couldn't handle it. She was defeated and got locked in a cell by Stalfos, praying for Link to come and help her, while Ganondorf created his own Castle of terror and took over Hyrule.