CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ANGEL SANTOS

I sat smiling while moving my hand in a circular motion on my belly. I already knew I would make a great mother and I'll do it better than Erica ever did.

Me failing this child wasn't an option. I sat and wondered what my baby boy would look like; What he would enjoy doing.

His voice, his personalty and who he would cling to more me or his father. I know he isn't here now but I believe he would get his shit together and come back to us.

"What you thinking about?" My best friend Marcus asked. He sat down next to me opening up a packages sand which. I came over to his place after school because I didn't feel like hearing Erica bitch today.

"It was just strange that he up and left when he was so excited about having this baby." I said thinking out loud almost on the verge of crying.

"Man you still tripping over that foul ass nigga? I told you I got you and the kid." He said after smacking his lips. He took a small bite into his sandwich and I watched as my stomach started to growl. I rubbed it as my mouth watered.

"I know Marcus but this isn't your responsibility. No offense, but He's suppose to be here with us not you. I didn't ask you to be here for me and besides you're going to college after the summer ends anyway!" I snapped on him not really meaning to.

His expression sadden a little and I felt kind of bad for snapping on him. He place the plate down on the table dusting his hands off moving his tongue between his cheek and teeth finishing whatever was left in his mouth.

"Look I know this is a lot for you to handle, but let me make this clear for you to understand." He said as he turned over my was and grab my hand.

I rolled my eyes trying to take my hands from him. "I don't need you to make shit clear for me! I'm in this shit alone and that's how it's going to always be from now on. Heaven doing her own shit, my grandmother is getting worse by the day and Erica and Jermaine.." I trailed off. "'Man, I don't even want to talk about them." I said rubbing away tears.

"I don't give a fuck about what everybody else is doing! I'm going to always be here for you! It don't matter if that nigga was sitting right here next to you. I'll tell him the same shit to his face, A nigga ain't going nowhere. Trust me when I say I'm going to take care of you and the kid like he is my own. It was that nigga mistake when he decided to walk out on y'all." He snapped back.

I sat quiet and kept my thoughts to myself. I didn't know where all of this shit was coming from. We been friends for so many years soof course we're going to be there for each other. However, we never imagined something this big would happen so quickly. I can't have him missing out on things because I decided to have sex unprotected.

"What about college Marcus?" I felt another tear fall on my cheek and he wiped it. "What about it Angel? I can still go and I might just do community." He said shrugging. I frowned then snatched my hands away from him before struggling to stand up.

"No, I won't let you fuck up your college experience because of me. No." I shook my head and waved my arms. "You still have your teenage years ahead of you. It's over for me. I'm just a big fat pig who don't know what the fuck to do next!" I cried.

"Man sit yo ass down! Getting my God son all jumpy and shit!" He fussed while pulling me back down on the sofa then rubbing my stomach. I sniffed before rubbing my nose and laughing.

"Who said you was the God Father?" I asked while I wiped my face. He smacked his lips and threw his hand. "Angel don't play with me. You know I earned that fucking title." he said as he smoothed out his non facial hair and I laughed even harder.