CHAPTER NINETEEN

JERMAINE LENZ

Walking out I dialed my nigga from back when I was in some deep shit. The phone rung as I placed it to my ear and waited for him to pickup.

"My dude, you got some fucking nerve calling my shit." He growled after he answered. I smacked my teeth.  I should have known he was going to be on some bullshit.

"Say my nigga, now ain't the time for yo bitching. I got a job for you and them niggas you run with." I spoke into the phone.

"Now you got a job for us? 'Mr. Hollywood'b I think we been eating good without you." He said with a chuckle.

"Deuce, bitch don't you ever try and come for me! All that shit you pushing and the only way y'all niggas still eating is because of ME nigga! I'm still the fucking man behind that shit! Don't you ever step outta pocket again!" I semi yelled into the phone.

The line got quite. I guess the nigga had to think before he said his next words. "What you got for us?" He huffed. "It's my oldest daughter man. She been kid-" I was cut off in mid sentence.

"Hold off on that nigga. I ain't too comfortable talking about this shit over the phone." Deuce spoke up. "Meet up." I told him looking around. "Bet." He said before hanging up.

I placed my phone in my pocket looking at the ground. What the fuck was happening right now? I can't lose my daughter man. I know I ain't been the best father in the world but my kids is my heart.

My daughters are my bloodline. I walked to my truck while sending Erica a text. I can't just be sitting around mobbing, I gotta make moves.

I pulled up to a dirt road and parked my truck. I sighed while turning it off. I thought I would never see this place again. I reach over pulling my gun from the glove department.

Stepping out, I pressed the alarm on my key and walked up to the broken down building. Two little niggas stepped up to me and I raised my eyebrow.

"Sorry bossman, we didn't know that was you. Welcome back." One of them said moving to the side. I nodded my head then continued walking up the steps.

"Yo I really like yo music!" The other nigga said behind me. I looked behind me as the other one pushed him. "Shut the fuck nigga!" He spoke.

I went to one of the main rooms where Deuce was at. He was watching as women was counting money. I didn't really want my face to be shown around them and they get to talking. I went to the other room and pushed the door open.

"Damn.." I mumble to myself looking around. This was  where I used to record my mixtapes. It was yo regular hood studio with the egg cartons stapled to the walls.

"Ham said you was here." I turned around and was face to face with my old childhood friend. We stared at each other until he cracked a smile and held his hand.

"I still can't win a fucking staring contest with you nigga." He laughed as we hugged.  "Cause I'm the best nigga." I boasted to him then broke  the hug. "Sorry we gotta meet up like this. I wish it was on better terms." I apologized and looked around the room.

"Before we get all in our feelings and shit, I already heard about what happened. The streets talk and we both know that shit." He said sitting down by the keyboards.

"Nigga if you knew why you ain't come to me sooner about the shit?" I askedbhim getting pissed off. "Bruh I ain't know they was talking about yo daughter. I thought it was just some regular ass bitch!" He shrugged.

I clutched my gun tighter that was in my hand. Deuce look at it and smacked his teeth. "I ain't calling yo daughter a bitch mane. Calm ya balls. Look,  I know where that nigga warehouse at and everything." He says.