CHAPTER THREE

HEAVEN SANTOS

"No, like he really blew it and that shit really blew me." I vented to Tooki. She shook her head probably judging me in her thoughts.

"Yo ass the one that's still with his ain't good for shit ass." She said eating on her well cooked eggs. I rolled my eyes not trying to be lectured.

I just needed a listening ear, not a speech.

We were sitting at breakfast before both of our first classes of the day. She took African American Studies 101 and I took Music Appreciation 102.

"I ain't really trying to get a Dr. Martin Luther King speech baby girl." I said waving her off. She shrugged her shoulders not really caring.

"There goes Monta." She said staring behind me. I turned around seeing him grab his plate and leave out of line in search of a seat.

I placed my book bag in my chair and quickly turned around when he felt me staring at him.

"What you trying to hide for? He already seen us. Plus I was waving him over here." Tooki said with laughter. I smacked my lips extra hard and sunk in my seat.

"Yo ass always tryna play match maker and shit." I complained. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Girl, boo. Ain't nobody thinking about you. We been texting and he's hella funny and that's my little nigga." She finished right as he approached.

"Good morning beautiful ladies." Monta said as he sat down his plate and book bag. "Wassup Monta." Tooki answered.

He watched me like he was waiting on me to speak too. "Wassup." I said lowly he nodded before sitting down.

"Aw, shoot. I forgot me something to drink. Y'all want something?" He asked. Tooki held up her cup of orange juice that was almost gone and he nodded grabbing her cup.

"Thanks Mon. Heaven you thirsty?" She asked staring at me. "Not as thirsty as you." I mumbled to myself. "What?" She asked not hearing me.

"I said I'll take orange juice too." I lied. She turned her face up slick knowing that I was lying but not saying anything.

He took our cups and left to wait in the drink line. "He's cute but just not my type." I said out of nowhere.

"Why not? Because he doesn't seem like to he'll beat yo ass and cheat on you or because he's not disrespectful and doesn't address you as 'bitch' or 'hoe'?" She asked pressing the Ant issue.

"Took, when you gone mind your business? I don't be all up in you and Aaron shit." I snapped. "Bitch, I don't put you in me and Aaron shit. You come complaining to me every damn day about that nigga." She snapped back.

"Bitch thats because we're best friends! What the fuck? Im supposed to come to you." I snapped back. She looked at Monta who was coming back to the table then sat down.

"Yeah, well you gotta deal with my opinion. If you don't want my opinion don't tell me shit." She said calmly. I huffed and sat back in my seat.

"Drop it." I said not wanting that boy in my business. He looked from both of us as he mixed up his eggs and grits.

"Why all the hostility?" He asked seemingly concerned. I squinted my eyes at him signaling for him to mind his damn business.

"She got a 'ain't shit ass' nigga and wanna be a mad at the world because of it like he's forcing her to stay." Tooki said nonchalantly like she didn't just tell my business to a stranger.

"Bitch don't tell him shit about me! He doesn't know me and I prefer it stayed that way. Damn, fuck this. Im going to class early and don't worry about talking to me." I snapped standing up and grabbing my stuff.