CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

ANGEL SANTOS

Heaven and I walked hand in hand slowly towards the all black rental car that awaited us. People kept trying to talk to us but we ignored everybody.

Last week on September 1st, 2017 at 12:30 A.m. On the dot our grandma, Martha Jean Maria Santos, passed away from a massive heart attack.

We were informed soon after and rushed to be at her death bed. Things were only deteriorating before our eyes it seemed like.

Heaven still isn't talking to Daddy or Erica, Daddy had to go away on tour for 6 months, Erica had a break down, and Donny's mother filed a missing persons report on him over a month ago.

Shit was getting crazier and crazier by the day and I was starting to wonder if I really wanted to bring a baby into my chaotic world.

"What are you thinking about?" Heaven asked me snapping me out of my thoughts. I was so deeply into them that I didn't even noticed I was in the car and we were riding.

"Life." I sighed. She nodded her head before deciding to leave it there and gazing out of the window.

"Can you believe she's gone, the woman that raised us?" I asked feeling tears build in my eyes. Heaven shrugged her shoulders acting as if she didn't care.

"It's life Ang, shit happens." She said dryly. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head to the opposite window.

Heaven's view on life had been pretty fucked lately. She rarely comes out of her apartment unless she's headed to work and she never calls me anymore.

It seems like with her, everything is just... fuck it.

After driving for a little while more we pulled up to where we were holding the reception, our Aunt Carra house.

Aunt Cara was a successful and very intelligent woman. She was a pediatrician and was married to a neurosurgeon, our Uncle Fane.

The only bad thing about my aunt and uncle was the fact that they were extremely bougie and judgmental. They always felt the need to voice their opinions on something.

Therefore, when me and Heaven showed up alone and neither Erica nor Jermaine was with us, you already know they had a mouth full.

"Come on here sweet, pretty girls!" She greeted pulling both me and Heaven into some hugs. We both rolled our eyes before hugging back.

She asked us a few questions, tried to give encouraging words then led us into the house where all of the food and rest of the family was.

Walking into her house was like a big Mexican fiesta. Eventhough we're technically puerto rican.

My mother's family and siblings were extremely in touch with their heritage and background.

I looked around before spotting our big cousin Lisa and her little sister Gia coming towards us. "Ayyy, Heaven and Angel, esta es una manera tan triste de reunirse después de tanto tiempo." Lisa said hugging me then Heaven.

"si, es triste." I responded back. Heaven turned towards me giving me a funny look and I met her gaze.

"When the fuck did you learn how to speak Spanish?" She asked tooting her nose up. Heaven never cared to even try to learn Spanish because Erica spoke it a lot around us and she hated it.