Chapter Thirty: Kyle Vs. Stralus

A momentary silence befell Kyle and everyone else on the airship! He just felt the slightest tinge of fear in his heart, for seeing Stralus the way he was now managed to intimidate him! He gazed at Stralus' face, and noticed that he had short, black hair and red eyes, and he had a scar that was barely noticeable, but was quite long, as if slicing through his right cheek, and his skin was light tan! Kyle could definitely feel the amazing amount of power that Stralus was exuding, and he wasn't even doing anything! He was just standing there, his feet firmly in place, and his Keyblade raised. He was waiting for Kyle to make the next move! His soldiers were all murmuring to each other excitedly, for apparently, they never got to see Stralus without his armor all that much! Kyle contemplated what to do! He knew that he shouldn't underestimate his enemy's ability, and just the fact that his mere energy was making Kyle feel uneasy was a clear sign that he couldn't just charge straight forward! He needed a plan, but he didn't know what to do! Whatever he would come up with, he'd have to act fast, for time was ticking, and he couldn't afford to waste more time fighting Stralus!

"Hmph, what's the matter, boy? Are you that scared of landing a hit on me?" he asked with a smirk. Kyle shook his head.

"I'm not scared of you! You won't stop me just because you took off your armor!" he barked back! Stralus nodded and chuckled.

"Well then, as you wish. If you won't make your next move...then I will!" he shouted, as he literally pushed Kyle in the blink of an eye! Kyle could feel the Claymore's blade slice through a bit of his clothing, and he immediately tried to fall a bit further off from Stralus' range! He landed on the floor with a thud, but then quickly stood up! He took a moment to look at his shirt and jacket, and noticed that a part of them had been shredded by Stralus' Claymore!

"Ha, I'm amazed that you were able to dodge that! A little bit more, and it would've been flesh that dropped instead of clothing..." Stralus boasted as the soldiers laughed! Kyle glared at him and clenched his fists!

"Don't get too cocky! Just because you're powerful doesn't mean that you're invincible!" Kyle declared! Stralus shrugged and gave out a satisfied sigh.

"That may be true, boy...but when it comes to power...no one compares to me!" he proclaimed, as he slammed his Claymore into the floor, causing said floor to crack around Kyle! When the cracks completed forming, they spewed out a dangerously toxic manner of dark energy! Kyle immediately jumped out of the attack's range of effect, but before he could pick himself up and try to attack, Stralus was already behind him, and he slashed Kyle's back viciously, causing a considerably big gash to form! Kyle yelped out in agony, and he fell down to the floor, bleeding! Stralus then attempted to deal the finishing blow, but Kyle was able to roll out of the way and then counterattack with Mine Square! This, in turn, surprised Stralus and left him stunned, while Kyle cast Curaga on himself! He then flinched as his gash began to sting!

"Nngh! Damn...this isn't going to heal quickly..." he thought to himself. But he couldn't afford to keep distracting himself, for Stralus had already recuperated from the Mine Square attack and was now relentlessly attempting to destroy Kyle! Kyle, in turn, was blocking as many attacks as he could, though some of the attacks did land on him! Before he knew it, he had scrapes on his arms, shoulders, knees and legs! He could feel the stinging sensation these bruises gave him, but he ignored the pain and kept on fighting! He was eventually backed up into a corner, and it seemed as though Stralus had already won this battle! But, Kyle immediately performed a last minute Reversal and then performed Blizzard Edge, causing an ice spike to raise from the floor, managing to hit stralus on his left arm! But even though he was wounded, the wound didn't seem to face him! Rather, he just broke the ice spike and shook his arm a bit, as it bled! He had quite the wide grin on his face, and then he dashed towards Kyle, cloaking himself in Thunder, and he electrocuted him, sending him flying towards one of the masts! Kyle then stood up and shook off the pain and cast Curaga on himself again!