Chapter Forty Five: Owari Part 5: Turning Point, The Keys Of Balance

Now things had gotten to a point where the Keyblade Wielders were unleashing the full might of their power! They had already suffered countless losses at the hands of the enemy, and each loss they had affected them deeply! The Dandelions, whom had come back to the world of the living only to fight and die, were indeed dying by the thousands! It was a miserable sight! The Spirits, Nobodies and Unversed were also facing many losses, and these creatures gave their all to help Sora and the others...they gave their lives out of their strong loyalty to their friends!

And Xion...her death struck the Keyblade Wielders the closest, mostly due to the fact that all of them had known her for such a long time! She had lived such a troubled life, and when things were finally getting better for her, she was steeped in despair once more! They knew she had a hard life, but they expected her to live through this! They weren't prepared for her death! It was something they were still coming to grips with!

For Kairi, she felt like she lost a part of herself, for indeed, Xion was once only a puppet fabricated from Sora's memories of her, so in a sense, Xion was Kairi! Xion had become her own person, and Kairi admired and respected her, and she cared for her deeply! The fact that she was now dead only fueled Kairi's despair, and she let out her frustration and sorrow on the enemy, reducing them to ashes with a powerful Megaflare spell! She then summoned Bahamut, and the mighty dragon quickly flew upwards and soared down on the battlefield, swooping the enemy off their feet and flinging them everywhere! Bahamut battled just as fiercely as Kairi!

Sora, Donald and Goofy just hacked away at the enemy hordes! Sora felt a part of his heart break, for he had saved Xion back when Xehanort was aiming to recreate the Keyblade War, and when he, Donald and Goofy had found the Key To Return Hearts, they had restored her body, and she had become her own person! Of course, after that, no one knew what had happened to her, since she had decided to travel the worlds, but at some point, she disappeared. And through some strange twist of fate, everyone had forgotten her again! When she came back but was under Xylek's control, things were tough. But once they were able to liberate her, she had devoted herself to being there for her friends! And when she had returned, it's as if she had never left! So the fact that she died made Sora feel immense sadness! Donald and Goofy had become good friends with her, and they too, suffered in silence, letting their weapons talk for them! They pushed through Jexana's troops and a great number of Heartless and Unborn!

Riku felt troubled, angered, saddened and steeped in despair! He remembered when he had encountered Xion, back when she was in the Organization! Even though he had known her a little while, he had formed a connection with her! And when she was back with them, they were good friends, and Riku was happy that Xion was able to be her own person! But seeing her life get destroyed, and for her life to end on this miserable battlefield...it made Riku angry! He channeled his darkness and released a powerful dark aura that resonated as a giant pulse wave that took out any enemies nearby! Dawn complemented Riku's power with her own, summoning pillars of light and scattering them all over the battlefield, taking out dozens upon dozens upon thousands of enemies, her fury apparent! She had grown to have a bond with Xion, and her death certainly affected her as well. She and Riku both unleashed great power as they channeled their sorrow!

Mickey and Minnie darted through the battlefield, delivering an almost endless barrage of powerful spells, followed by increasingly powerful techniques in which they unleashed powerful beams of light that splintered into giant birds of light that rained down on the enemy's forces like hail! Mickey and Minnie both knew Xion well, and they were always thinking about her, always caring for her. Mickey was there for Xion when she had lost Roxas, and he knew how hard that had been for her. And now to feel this loss, the king and queen felt their hearts weaken out of sadness. But they kept strong, and they pushed on, and they constantly went to their friends to heal them with Curaga, and then resumed battling the enemy!