14

I returned just like she had asked. And felt even more nervous this time. Because now she knew the truth; the turning point that changed my life. And we didn't really have much time to talk about it, so I'm sure she's curious about everything.

"How are you feeling," she asked timidly.

"I'm... ok... How are you?"

"I'm ok."

"That's good."

We remained quiet as we strolled along a path through a small park. And to put it simply, it's really awkward. But even if it feels weird, I'm just happy I'm next to her.

"There's a lot I want to know, but I feel like I shouldn't ask."

"You can if you'd like," I tried to sound encouraging.

She shook her head with a soft smile on her lips, "No, that's ok. I don't want you to talk about your past."

"I don't mind."

"I guess I mind."

I stopped walking, "Why?"

She stopped as well, turning to face me. I saw her eyes glancing up into my eyes for a few seconds at a time. "I'd rather know more about how you feel right now."

"Right now?"

She nodded.

"Right now I'm scared."

She tilted her head, making her glasses slide down her nose a little, "Scared?"

"I'm scared I might like you too much."

"W-What?"

I looked down at my feet, "I'm scared I'll get too attached to you and something bad will happen, just like before. But I'm trying not to be scared. I'm trying to let myself just stay in the now and try and be happy. But I think about stuff like hate and pain, forgiving my attacker and trying to move on." My forehead scrunched up as I got more conflicted. "I want to move on but how do I do that? Can I ever truly move past everything that happened?"

"I've never had to deal with something that hard. My life has been pretty easy compared to yours. I feel a little guilty that it has."

"Please don't feel that way," I almost begged.

She shook her head, "No, I know. I guess... I just wish I could help you."

"You can help me," I practically whispered.

She took a step closer to try and hear me better, "What did you say?"

By the time I looked up from the ground, I noticed she was standing right in front of me. I could see her pupils dilating. Her cheeks were pink and dewy. Her lips a little red. And for the first time in a long time I felt myself wanting to kiss.

I like her.

I like her alot.

"C-Can you just... stay by my side?"

She was getting redder by the second. She took a step back and covered her face. But just a moment later she was back to standing right in front of me and looking straight into my eyes. "What do you mean by that? You mean as a friend? You mean as..." her voice got really quiet, "...a girlfriend?"

"I don't know about girlfriend or friend or anything. I-...." I gulped and continued to look into her yes, "I just want you. Y/N. I want you with me." I broke the gaze and looked to the side, "You help me feel normal. Like I can get through all this crap so long as I have you with me."

"Jungkook..."

"I'm sorry that's so vague. That sounds like a lot of pressure." I chewed on my bottom lip nervously. "I'm gonna keep trying. And I hope you'll say you'll stick around to help me."

She slowly reached out to grab my hand, looking carefully to make sure it was ok. But I didn't flinch, I didn't pull away. So she took it as an ok. She squeezed my hand and smiled.

"Yes, I'll help you."

I squeezed her hand back, "Thank you."

"You're welcome Jungkook."