¤ Chapter 1: Proposal ¤

(y/n) - Your name
(f/n) - Your father's name

_____________________________________
The soft knock on the door of his office broke Levi's concentration from the document he was reading. "Come in," he said without even taking a single glance at the person who entered the room.

The approaching footsteps clip-clopped down the polished wooden floor & came to halt in front of his desk.

"Levi, Mr. Ackerman summoned you at his office now." Isabel, Levi's personal secretary said as she put down a stack of papers on the desk.

Levi looked up from the document he was reading to the red-haired girl, "Why?"

"He didn't tell me the reason. He only said it's an urgent matter."

The onyx haired man sighed in irritation and put down the document on his desk. "Okay."

After exiting from his private office, Levi walked to the private elevator. He pushed a small button, the door of the elevator opened immediately and then Levi & Isabel entered the elevator. The doors slid shut & the elevator rose up seven floors without stopping.

This elevator opened directly into Kenny's office, a large room occupying the corner of the building with floor-to-ceiling windows giving a spectacular view of the east & south side of the city.

A large black mahogany desk was near the glass window. Behind that desk, the president of the 'Ackerman Corporation', Kenny Ackerman was sitting on his brown leather chair. His secretary Farlan was standing just behind him.

Levi stood in front of the desk & asked, "Now tell me what's your urgent matter."

"Why not you have a seat first." Kenny pointed at the chair opposite side of the desk, "Because, we're going to have a long talk today."

After Levi took a seat, Kenny started. "Do you remember you have a two and half-year-old son?"

Levi growled at Kenny, "Why not you cut this nonsense and get to the point."

"Three days ago Child Protection Service members came to my mansion to check Eren. Everything was going smoothly until they asked where his parents were. And we had to tell them the truth about you & your damn ex. That was enough for them to believe that Eren's upbringing has been overlooked." Kenny paused for a few seconds, "In their eyes, you and I are neglecting Eren, and we fail to give him a good family."

"Didn't you tell them about the governess who is in-charge of taking care of that brat?"

Instead of Kenny Farlan answered, "Yes we told them about her. But that backfired on us. As if it became a solid proof of our carelessness to them, and they told us they would take him away from us."

Levi frowned at him, clearly annoyed. "What the fuck are you talking about, Farlan?"

"It wasn't easy to convince them. But they only gave us few months time to change the current situation. In that time they'll keep an eye on Eren and if we failed to make any difference, they'll take him away from us." Farlan replied.

Kenny leaned in, his chair and said, "Eren is the heir of this company and I have no intention to lose him to some damn child protection service. So now you must do what the situation demands."

"And what is that?"

Kenny took his mobile from the desk and turned it on. He kept his eyes focused on his phone and said monotonously, "There is just one solution I find to settle this situation. You have to marry so Eren can get a proper family, and we can get rid of this problem."

Levi's eyes widen at the mention of marriage. "What the hell are you talking about?" He snarled at him.

Kenny looked at him and nonchalantly responded, "Yes, you heard me right and I have already chosen your bride."

He passed his phone to Levi and there was a girl's picture on the screen. "This is my childhood friend (f/n)'s only daughter (y/n). She is your would be wife. And don't think you have any second option to reject my idea."

Levi gave his uncle a fierce glare as his grip on the mobile phone tighten.

"If you dare to disobey me, then be sure to say goodbye to your perfect life. I expect you'll not dare do anything which I dislike. Am I clear Levi?" Kenny spoke in a cold tone.

Levi gritted his teeth in silent fury. His uncle's capabilities were not unknown to him & he knew it more than anyone who ever tried to opposed Kenny they met a horrible consequence in the end. And Levi had no intention to go on the bad side of that sick bastard to wreck his career and future. That means he had to agree with his proposal no matter how much Levi hated it.

"Okay, I'll marry her."

Kenny smirked to hear his answer, "That's like a good boy. You're always quick to read the situation."

"I'll marry her but I have a few conditions."