Chapter 14 - Forgotten Past

"What are you doing?"

(y/n) looked up from the book she was reading to Levi, who stood a few feet away from her. She closed the book and stood up, "What's the matter, Levi?"

In response, he smiled at her lovingly and extended his hand, "Come here. I have to show you something special. Hurry up!"

(y/n) chuckled in her mind to see him so impatient about something. As soon as she took a step forward (y/n) saw a woman stood before her. That person slowly walked to Levi and embraced him. To (y/n)'s great surprise, Levi enfolded her in his arms and caressed her hair lovingly.

"Do you know how long have I been waiting for you?" Levi asked as he kissed her on the cheek.

(y/n) was at a loss for words to see this whole scene unfolding before her. (y/n) could not understand other than her who might be so dear to him. Though she could guess the answer, she preferred to know the identity of that unknown person first.

The woman broke loose from Levi's embrace and looked over her shoulder to (y/n). (y/n)'s body froze the moment she recognized the person in Levi's arm.

"Did you by any chance forget that you're nothing but my substitute to Levi?" Natalie said with a sly smile, her eyes mocking (y/n).

"No, you're wrong." (y/n) said in a low, almost inaudible voice, "It can't be."

However, her meek response drowned by Natalie's mirthful laughter as it echoed the room.

--

Her dream ended abruptly as (y/n) shaken back to reality. Slowly and reluctantly, she opened her eyes and squinted at the bright sunlight streaming through the window beside the bed. She pushed up on one elbow and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Turning her head, she gazed to her left where she expected to see her dearest still lost in dreamland.

Instead, that side of the bed was empty, and not seeing Levi beside her, (y/n) sat up on the bed. She looked around the room, but there was no sign of him. Then a piece of paper on the bedside table caught her eyes. A sweet smile came to her lips as she read the note Levi left for her.

He wrote that due to an urgent matter he needed to go to the office early in the morning, and when he left, she was sound asleep, so he didn't wake her up. By 3 p.m. he would send someone to drop her off at home, so she should be ready by then. And he also apologized if he was not gentle with her.

(y/n) blushed to read the last line of the note. The rosiness of her cheeks deepened when she caught the reflection of her on the mirror of the dressing table. (y/n) brushed her fingertips over the faint red marks on her neck and then travelled down to her chest. The thought of her significant other also had the same marks made her chuckle.

(y/n) stared at her reflection, her bare body bathed in the rays of the morning sun. Because of the last night's wild activities, both of them did not get much sleep. Last night was a long night, but a nice one, certainly not a night when one can sleep plenty — not when the person you desire, finally open their heart to you.

As sore and tired as her body felt, all aches forgotten when she recalled the memories of last night. His searing touch and passionate kisses, how hungrily he made love to her, relentlessly pushing her deeper into the haze of pleasure and desire until her body was on the verge of shattering.

Closing her eyes (y/n) said in her mind, "Levi and I finally accept each other after two years of our marriage. I think now we can start life as a happy family."

But then she remembered the nightmare she saw in the morning. "No, in our new life there is no place for our past relationships. I should not feel insecure about her when Levi cleared that she is a closed chapter to him."