¤ Chapter 5: Decoration ¤

Levi swaggered to the main door of his apartment, an annoying expressing on his face. And what was the reason for his bad mood?

A few days ago the Child Protection Service Committee summoned the Ackerman's at their office. The reports for the first four-month survey was not much positive, stating Levi was not spending enough time with his son.

Kenny was furious to hear the negative report & order Levi to do something to improve the situation. And the first step for that was to spend the Christmas with his family.

At first, Levi decided to spend the Christmas in his newly bought mansion in Paris, alone. He didn't want to celebrate the day with anyone. Because this day was the poignant reminder of the last Christmas he celebrated, reminded him the gift she gave him three years ago.

The raven-haired man was staring at the three big boxes & a seven feet tall Christmas tree for a good five minutes, a dumbfound expression on his face.
He opened the boxes & his eyes twitched in annoyance. One box contained two types of decorating lights & the remaining two boxes had glass and ceramic Christmas ornaments.

(y/n) told him she would buy a Christmas tree & decorations, but Levi didn't think she was planning to literary buy the half of the shop. Levi didn't need to guess who influenced her to buy all this & pay for it.

'Kenny, you damn bastard!' He cursed in his mind.

The cursing session in his head interrupted by the sweet voice of his wife. He turned towards (y/n) & pointed at the boxes, "What the hell is this?"

"Maybe you don't know that are Christmas ornaments, Corporal~." She answered with a teasing tone in her sentence.

His eyes twitched again hearing the nickname she gave him, "Shut up, brat. I want to know why you bought a whole shop?"

"As you can see our home is pretty big, so I thought that many things will be enough to decorate the whole apartment & a seven feet Christmas tree will be perfect for the house." She picked up Eren who was standing beside her, "Eren & I will decorate the whole house," she looked at the grumpy man and said, "We can't expect any help from you, can we?"

Actually, Levi had zero interest & energy for that work. But his brain suddenly gave him a warning that what could happen if he let these two to decorate the house.

Mess...mess and more mess.....

'No, it would be dangerous to leave the work on this two idiotic brats.' He sighed in frustration.

Levi cleared his throat catching the other two's attention, "I'll help you to decorate the house."

~●~●~●~●~●~

"Care to explain what are you two doing in this?" Levi irritatedly asked to the woman & the toddler who were sitting on the floor wrapped in Christmas lights.

"Hehehe..." (y/n) nervously laughed, "Well..actually...you see...."

1 hour ago~

"We'll decorate the tree later. I'm going to put the lights upstairs. You do the first floor." Levi said, taking a box of Christmas lights.

"Aye, Corporal." (y/n) gave him a salute & Eren also copied his mother's action.

Levi clicked his tongue in annoyance & went upstairs. There were two types of lights in the box, so (y/n) separated them first.

In the mean, the little devil handed his absentminded mother one end of an eight-meter light chain & started to run around her while (y/n) was busy to think how she should decorate them. But before she could stop the toddler, he already wrapped half of the chain around her.

After finished the activity, he went to play with the other set of light chains and decorating ornaments, while (y/n) tried her best to release herself from the chains.

Eren was too busy to wrap the light chains around him & hanging the ornaments on the chain. So she tried to free herself, but in the end, it became more tangled.

Levi finished decorating the 1st floor within one hour & went downstairs to see what (y/n) & Eren were doing.

Back to the present time~

Levi first freed Eren form the light chain & then he knelt down in front of (y/n) and said, "Let me help you."

As Levi started to remove the chain his hands brushed against her thighs, (y/n) squeaked at this.

"Are you trying to take advantage of me in this situation?" she playfully asked.

Levi gave her an unimpressed look in return. But then suddenly he grabbed her by the shoulder and forcefully laid her down. He straddled on her, his hands rested on her hips. A devious smirk came to his lips to see (y/n) blushed at his actions.

"I don't mind doing that with you right here & right now," he whispered in her ear.

The poor girl's eyes widen & blushed madly at his answer. "L-Levi, w-what are you do-doing?"

"Ah! You don't know what I'm trying to say?" He leaned closer to her. (y/n) could feel his hot breath on her neck. "Maybe you're too-"

"Daddy... Mommy..." Eren ran to his parents with a stuffed Santa clause plush in his hand.

"What doing, daddy?" he asked pointing at his parents who were in an awkward position.

Before (y/n) could answer Eren's question, Levi quickly got up from her & casually said, "I was tickling your mommy."

Eren cocked his one side, "Eh?"

Levi noticed the confused expression on his son's face, "You don't need to use your small brain in this, brat." He ruffled Eren's hair and then picked up the light chains from the floor.

He turned to (y/n) who was still sitting on the floor and said, "Are you going to spend the day on the floor? (y/n), help me to do finish the work."

~●~●~●~●~●~

It took them about half an hour to fully decorate the floor. Now all left was the Christmas tree. Levi took a small stool and placed it before the tree.

"You don't need to do this. Just pass me the things," He ordered as he stood on the stool.

(y/n) gave him an amused smile, "You're afraid that I maybe fall from the chair, that's why you're doing this, right? Ohh... You're such a gentleman."

"Yeah, you're right. If you break your thick skull & fall into a coma then that would be problematic," Levi sarcastically replied.

'I take back what I said. Gentleman word is not for this grumpy, clean freak, midget Corporal!!'

"And if you get injured people would say I torture you when I actually did nothing."

(y/n)'s eyes twitched in irritation. "Aren't you the one who sexually assaulted me an hour ago?"

Levi looked over his shoulder, a smirk on his lips, "Did I? I was just showing love to my dear wife."

"Love?! How much annoying you can be?" (y/n) quickly averted her eyes, faint blush on her cheeks.