¤ Chapter 9: Insecurity ¤

It was almost seven in the evening when a black Aston Martin car stopped in the front gate of the Ariva Hotel which was one of the most luxurious hotels in the city.

Levi got down from the car & turned on his mobile & found Kenny send him a message asking if he brought his family with him to the party. Levi's eyes twitched to read his message.

They came to Ariva to attend a party thrown by Kenny. Ackerman's made a great profit in the joint business with the Ral Enterprise. The party was thrown to celebrate the success.
--

Levi took a small sip from his champagne filled glass, stood beside a window, an utterly bored expression on his face. He never liked to attend parties or social gatherings that much.
He forced to come here because Kenny ordered him. The onyx haired man didn't understand why the old man wanted Eren & (y/n) to come here.

Anyways, Levi took another sip from his glass, his gaze searching his family in the crowd. Those two were missing from the moment they reached to the party.
Finally, Levi found (y/n) and Eren near a dining table, (y/n) feeding Eren a piece of cake & chatting with Isabel.

He sighed in relief to found them, but that relief didn't last long. His watchful eyes didn't miss the lecherous gaze of few men to his wife, making his blood boiled in irritation.

As much as he wanted to give those men a piece of his mind, it was impossible to do that at the same time. He looked away from her to distract himself to become more irritated.

Why was he feeling so possessive over (y/n)? Didn't he know its wrong to have such feelings for her?

Recently those questions came to his mind frequently, leaving him confused. He never felt that way before and not being able to find any answers to those questions make him irritated in his mind.

Levi looked up from his glass to her, cobalt-blue eyes narrowed slightly.

He could guess (y/n) was acting as Eren's governess as per the contract in the party. After all, he was the one who gave her the condition to keep the marriage secret. He didn't know why this distance bothered him.

Levi knew it very well if he did anything the media wouldn't waste a moment to make it a gossip. Though he didn't give a damn to the media, reporters, didn't want his family members to face some baseless scandals.

And if that news somehow hampered the progress in Eren's case, then Kenny would definitely kick him out of the company.

No, he couldn't let that happen at any cost...

†*†*†*†*†

"So (y/n) how is your life with brother?" Isabel asked (y/n) who was wiping Eren's mouth with a tissue, "I know he's the grumpiest man in the world, but he's not a bad person."

The (h/c) haired woman laughed at Isabel's last sentence. "Yes, he's the grumpiest man I've ever seen. At first, it was difficult, but now we somehow managed to bear each other."

Isabel leaned back in her chair & grinned, "Yeah, I can see that. He really cares for you two. Otherwise, he won't buy those Christmas presents for you."

"How do you know about the presents?" (y/n) frowned at Isabel.

She said a few days before Christmas Levi called a jewellery designer to his office & ordered to make a brooch. And he also asked Farlan to buy the ridiculously expensive limited edition game Eren wanted.

When Isabel asked him about those presents, he said he heard Eren to nag (y/n) to buy the game & he found (y/n) to make a mess in the whole house to find her brooch.