Chapter 15~ Order

"How can I forget about my only love?"

"I didn't forget about you even for a moment in these years."

"Where is our child, (y/n)?"

(y/n) closed her eyes as she recalled the incident in the hospital. That unexpected event shook her world so much that she was at a loss. First, she lied to Reiner that she was unmarried and was waiting for him all these years, and second, she didn't tell Levi a single word about Reiner or his abduction.

Day by day, her chance to tell Levi about everything decreasing gradually, and she couldn't fathom how to talk about it.

It was already eight days since that incident & (y/n) went to the hospital to visit Reiner every day. Levi never suspected anything because (y/n)'s mother also admitted in the same hospital.

Every day she decided to tell him about Reiner but whenever she tried an unknown fear chocked her words in her throat. After what happened two days ago, she better think twice to say anything to anyone.

A deep sigh left her lips as she opened her eyes and looked down at her son. Holding her one hand in his little hands, Eren was in a deep sleep. His mother brushed some stray hairs from his temple and kissed his forehead softly. Freeing her hand from his, she leaned against the headboard of the bed, and her mind wandered to the incident that happened two days ago.

--

Two days ago, Kenny suddenly summoned (y/n) in his office to discuss some important matter. Though she could guess what he wanted to talk about, Kenny was an unpredictable man.

When (y/n) reached his office, she found him waiting for her there alone. It seemed a bit odd to her because his assistant always presented whenever she had a meeting with him.

Kenny's mouth twisted in a dry smile as he noticed (y/n) stood at the doorway. He motioned at a chair and said, "Close the door. Come sit here."

Kenny leaned back on his chair, his piercing gaze fixed on (y/n) who sat on the chair like a statue. The tension in that room was so thick as if one could cut it with a knife. To ease the awkwardness in the room, (y/n) decided to talk first.

"Why did you suddenly call me here, Mr Ackerman? Has something happened?"

"Let's not beat around the bush and come to the main issue," his baritone voice boomed into the room, then he added, continuing to stare coldly at the woman in front of him. "I suppose you maybe forget about your mission, right?"

"No, it's not like that. I'm working on it as you instructed me to do." (y/n) began to protest but he stopped her.

Kenny slammed his hand on the table and yelled, "If you're working on it, then where are the goddamn reports? You haven't given me any information about Ivan yet try to lie on my face. Do you think I'm so easy to fool?"

(y/n) flinched visibly at his sudden outburst. Without saying another word, she took out two files from her bag and placed on the table.

"These are not enough evidence against Ivan. We can't corner him in court if we only use these documents there." Monotonously, Kenny said as he glanced over the files (y/n) brought.

"If there were a chance to search in his house, maybe we could find some evidence there. Unfortunately, that's impossible to do right now." Fidgeting nervously, (y/n) muttered lowly.