Chapter Eleven

Raven (Seris) POV

I was on Olympus, walking with Ares when I suddenly felt as if a knife cut through my heart. Ares looked at me with concern. He asked "what's wrong?" I responded "nothing, I just need to take care of something really quick..." before he could reply, I flashed out.

I landed next to the oracle of Delphi I consulted her about the incident. She indirectly told me that it was my power that was leaving since I bear a child and that child would receive my powers come the savior of Olympus and I would fade.

The reason was because I was already weak to begin with by being a sort-of unknown goddess. I decided I would keep this to myself and not tell any of the other gods, so I wouldn't receive pity from them.

I'd rather live the rest of the time I have to the fullest then to the least by receiving pity. (A/N for Goddess's, they carry the baby in the womb for 3 months//:: the child is a boy)
I decided to go back to Olympus, so I could continue being with Ares for the time being.

(Time-skip 3 months)

These past three months have been amazing for me. I told Ares that I was pregnant with a child, and he took the news surprisingly well... After passing out for a few minutes.. I as well was treated like a queen.
Honestly, I'm pregnant not immobile, you'd think I have a bomb in my stomach, and not a child!

Anyways, Artemis told me I was to except giving birth any day now. Unlike Athena, I cannot pop children out of my head, but alas, I must do the work...

It was currently December 31, 10:38 PM in the mortal calendar, and I suddenly felt liquid run down my legs, I knew of course that my water just broke, (because I have been going over procedures with Artemis just in case.) Ares was by my side immediately, and flashed us to the infirmary on Mt. Olympus.

(I'm just gonna skip all the other stuff that happens to keep this book.... A little more than clean but a lot less than dirty...)

As I was starting to give birth, I called Ares to me. I quickly told him how I was going to fade once our son was going to be born. He didn't seem mad, but shocked..

I told him that even though he wouldn't see me, I would always watch over him along with our son. We decided to name him Blaze, since he was going to be the light in our world.

The time had come, when I needed to push him out. It took some time, but it was all worth it in the end. Ares held him first, but didn't shed a tear because he just needed to be "Mr. Macho" but I could see him eyes were glassy.

As for me, I got to hold him for a few minutes before he started to grow (Gods/Goddesses age faster than mortals), and I started to feel as if something was tearing me from the inside out..

I cried out in pain, and Ares took Blaze, and put him into the crib beside me. I cried out again, the pain was unbearable, my skin started feeling very hot and I hear a sizzling sound.

The other Olympians rushed in, hearing my cries of pain, but it was as if
everything froze, I couldn't feel, or see anything, but I felt lighter, and soon, I was gone...

(To be continued)