Part 18 Complicated

It's another morning, Joker got up and saw that Queen was still sleeping. Quietly, he stepped out of the room.
"Hachi, do you think you know how to cook porridge?"

"Of course I do, Joker-san. Do you want some?"

"No, I'm just asking your help for teaching me how to cook. I need to prepare it for Queen."

"Oh, ok then."

Hachi went to gather some fresh herbs from his garden, then take some fish from the fridge. Once the ingredients are all ready, he starts to teach Joker how to cook porridge.

After a while, Joker had done cooking the porridge. When he opens the door, Queen is still sleeping. He carries the bowl of porridge to the desk near her. She might get up sooner or later.

"Joker-san, Mr. Spade is outside there. He came in just now."

"Huh. Hachi, help me look after Queen then. Let her eat it when she wakes up."

"Yes, Joker-san!"

Joker stepped out of the room, Spade is waiting patiently. It's going to be a hard conversation for them, this time.

"Is Queen alright?"

"She is."

There's an awkward silence among them. "So... are you not going to take your hands off Queen?" Joker asked.

"Of course not, especially I'm going to win this round of game."

"Look, Spade, I know it's my fault and almost make Queen die. I think, we should just forget about this treasure competition of ours. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. What do you say we just pick another treasure for competing each other?"

"And forget about this little treasure that's almost falling into my hand? No, I don't think so, Joker." Spade grins. "This isn't just like you, Joker. You never give up on any treasures when it comes to our little game."

Joker stays quiet for a moment, thinking: That's true. But I can't hurt Queen anymore. Especially for the fact that I like her...

Before he could think, he just spit out:"Why don't we ask who does Queen like better?"

"Joker, are you sure?"

"I..."

"Don't forget, you've hurt her before, so why do you think that she'll like you? And after she heard our conversation, do you think she'll still forgive you for everything you had done to her?"

Joker*thinking*:He has a point. But if as long as I apologize to Queen, maybe she'll forgive me. But for now, there's no time arguing about whose treasure is this now. I must make sure Queen is alright.

"Spade, I think we should just put a stop to this for a while. Queen's hurt and I'll have to make sure she's alright."

"What about our little game?"

"We'll deal with that later. Right after Queen had recovered." He turns around and walks toward the room where Queen is sleeping."Go back for now, Spade. We'll see each other soon. Bye."

Spade*thinking*:Heh heh. He thinks he can beat me? Not a chance! But... ...it looks like he really likes Queen now. What if he get this treasure back?

After a while, Spade gets back to his hideout.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[At the room]
Queen wakes up when Joker walks into the room. She knows that Hachi has been there to look after her before she's even awake. But when she saw Joker walking towards her, she just spun her head towards the window, not wanting to meet his eyes.