8 | alter ego

ALTER EGO
SHAWN
REYNA [localmendes]
MARIE

shawn mendes

i'm back from a business trips and i can't wait to see my wife, reyna and my one and only daughter, marie. reyna, is out with her friend and had send my marie to our neighbour's house just for awhile.

"thank you, mrs henderson for taking care of my daughter. sorry for troubling you," i said.

"no big deal, shawn," mrs henderson replied, "i love taking care of her."

"daddy!" marie ran towards me. she jump and i carried, pinching her chubby cheeks.

"aw you're so heavy already," i teased.

"i'm not heavy okay," my cute little daughter pouted.

"i'm just kidding. let's go home, shall we?"

"yes, let's go! bye mrs. henderson!" marie waved at her.

"bye sweetie. take care both of you," mrs henderson said. i smiled and we went home.

i sat on the couch and saw marie yawned.

"are you sleepy, honey?"

"yesh." she rubbed her eyes.

"let's go to sleep, okay? come here." i held her hand and lead to her bedroom.

i tugged her in and turn on the night bulb.

"daddy, where's mommy?" marie asked.

i looked up at the clock and notice that it's already midnight.

"mommy's friends is sick so mommy visit her at the hospital," i lied, "don't worry, honey. goodnight," i kissed her forehead.

"goodnight daddy."

i closed the door and went downstairs sitting on the couch. i grabbed my phone and dial my wife numerous time but she didn't pick up.

i was worried and totally forgotten to ask her for jordy's phone number. i don't know who was this jordy and i didn't know reyna had a friend named that.

i waited for reyna to come back because i wanted to surprise her something.

suddenly, my phone ring notify a message. i grabbed it quickly and wishing it was her messaging me and said that she's safe. but i was wrong it was an unknown number sending me pictures and videos.

pictures and videos i don't want to see at all.

i heard the door unlocked and closed, knowing it was reyna. i stood in the living the room and wait for her to notice me.

"shawn! babe! i miss you so much," she ran towards me and hug. i didn't return the action at all after what happened a few minutes ago.

"why you never tell me you've landed? i could pick you up from airport. and also i thought you were supposed to land tomorrow not today?" she questioned.

"where have you been?" i asked, ignoring all the stupid questions.

"answer my questions first, shawn," reyna said.

"where have you been?!" i yelled.

reyna