44 | my nike partner [4]

MY NIKE PARTNER [4]

continuos of "dinner"...

"are you serious?" i asked him.

i'm not taking the motorbike with him. this will be my first time taking it.

"just put your butt on the seat. don't worry. you'll be safe. and i don't want to be late for my first day of school," shawn said, wearing the helmet for me.

"hey!" i pouted. "i don't want to! where's your car?"

"sadly, the car engine doesn't work and riding the motorbike with me is the only way," he smiled.

not helping.

"that's not the only way. we can take the bus or walk," i argued.

"no, that way we're so going to be late. faster. hop in," he said, starting the engine.

i stood there folding my chest.

"are you coming or not? or you want me to help you?"

"fine. just don't fasten the speed," i gave in, hop on the seat and put my hands on his shoulder.

"you know you can wrap your hand around my waist. it's much safer," he smirked.

"okay?" i said, but it sounded like a question. i wrapped my arm around his waist then.

i hold gently, trying not to put much pressure.

his muscle tense as we drove off. luckily, it's not that bad. it's slow and okay.

i look at the side mirror and saw him looking at me.

"what?" i asked. "focus on your driving instead of me."

he chuckled and smirked.

i screamed when he suddenly fasten the speed of the bike as he turned left. i hold on his waist tighter as i hide my face behind his back. i feel like i'm going to drop anytime soon. it was so scary.

"shawn!" i yelled, slapping his back.

this is going to be the first and last time i'm riding a motorbike with shawn!

"sorry, hold on tighter next time," he laughed as he touched my hand with his another hand.

he grabbed my hand and make the hold tighter.

"don't do that again. i'm scared, y'know!" i yelled, so that he can hear since the engine is so loud.

"don't be scared, i'll always protect you from any harms," he winked at the bike's mirror.

i looked away and blushed.

shawn parked his motorbike as soon as we have reached the school carpark.

he helped me unbuckled my helmet even though i can do it. people were staring and gossiping as soon as they saw unfamiliar vehicle came in. also, they were shocked to see i'm with another guy instead of my ex.