50 | over [2]

OVER [2]
SHAWN MENDES
YOU [READER]

——

it has been two years since i last heard from shawn or the others. at first, they kept calling me each and everyday, but the more i ignored them, the more they gave up.

"okay, from the bottom y/n, it's really good" rose said in the microphone. i gave her thumbs up and started singing again.

"yeah, you could say you miss all that we had. but i don't really care how bad it hurts. when you broke me first. you broke me first," i sang as i had my eyes closed.

ever since i moved to New York, i wanted to become a singer, so i compose a song about shawn and i's breakup. after searching for a manager for a long time, i finally came across rose, and i don't regret it one bit.

i finished the song and took off my headphones. i had moved on from shawn, and i had been dating other guys. they were just a fling to me. maybe because deep inside i really missed shawn, and i still loved him.

"it's so good, y/n. people are going to love your album," rose told me after we had listened to my newest song "you broke me first". i sighed and smiled.

"i hope so," i told her, and then i found my phone and checked the time, "shit, i need to go now."

rose raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"where are you going?" she asked me with a smirk. i shrugged my shoulders and smirked, too.

"taylor set me up on a blind date with this dude, so i better get home, so i can get ready," i said, and then i quickly drive home.

i went upstairs in my penthouse and into my big bedroom. i stripped out of my clothes and walked into my bathroom. i took a long nice shower and made sure to shave everywhere.

then i got out and wrapped a towel around my body and a towel around my hair.

i went into my walk-in closet and found a Victoria Secret's matching bra and panties in black then i found a cute, but simple black dress. actually, shawn had bought me this dress. however, that's not something to think about now.

i also found a pair of blue heels and a clutch to go with.

i went back into the bathroom and did my makeup. i wanted to look extra good, so i added some eyeliner and fake lashes. for my hair, i just curled it and messed it up, and then i loosely braided the front part and pulled the rest of the hair into a loose and low ponytail.

i finished and went downstairs. i said goodbye to emily – don't worry, she had been in the studio with me, so she wouldn't be home alone that long – and then i went out of the front door and got into my matte black corvette. i drove to the restaurant i was supposed to meet the guy at. i was a few minutes late, but I'm sure he could tolerate that.

i parked my car outside the restaurant and went inside.

"hello, how may i help you miss?" a waiter asked me as i made it inside.

"i'm here on a blind date, and i'm not sure who i am supposed to meet," i said. the waiter nodded his head and told me to follow him. i followed him over to some guy sitting alone, and from what i could see, he was handsome. taylor had really gone out of her way this time.

"hello, i'm y/n," i introduced myself to the guy as i reached out my hand for him to take it, but when i looked at him, i immediately pulled my hand over to myself again.

"shawn?! what are you doing here?" i asked him as i glared at him.

"hey y/n, don't look at me like that. i didn't know anything about this either," he explained. i rolled my eyes, then i turned around. i was about to leave, when shawn grabbed my hand and turned me around.