38 | meet the family

MEET THE FAMILY
SHAWN MENDES
YOU [READER]

shawn was going to meet my family for the first time today. my boyfriend and i have been dating for about 8 months, and now we thought it was time to meet each others' families. we didn't want to meet the families if our relationship wouldn't be serious, but our relationship is getting really serious. shawn even asked me to move in with him, and that was one of the things we would had discussed tonight. he would be over at 6 pm, so i still had an hour to get ready in.

shawn and i had used most of the day talking to each other over facetime, but about half an hour ago, he had to go. he wanted to look perfect tonight, and even though i told him he always looked perfect, he didn't listen to me.

i got out of my comfortable bed and went into my bathroom, but as i got in there my brother jake stood out there.

"jake, what are you doing out here? this is my bathroom," i whined. jake is my big brother, so he was a lot taller than me.

"i just need to do my hair, and then i'm out of here. it smells like girl in here," he said as he made a face. i groaned and crossed my arms under my chest and waited for him to leave my bathroom.

finally a minute later, jake left my bathroom. i locked the door behind him and stripped out of my clothes, then i went into the shower.

10 minutes later, i got out and wrapped a towel around my body. i unlocked the door and went into my bedroom again. i had already found my clothes, and i had decided not to be overdressed, so i would just be a floral short dress, my black pumps and some silver jewellery's.

i curl my hair and did a pretty simple makeup

i curl my hair and did a pretty simple makeup. when i finished, it was 5.50pm, so shawn would be here any minute. i grabbed my phone and went downstairs, but as i walked downstairs shawn texted me, so i stopped walking and looked at it.

i'm on my way, and i can't wait to see you, baby xx

i awed and texted him back, then i locked my phone and went downstairs. i went into our living room and sat down beside jake and gabriella, his girlfriend. luckily she also wore a dress, so i didn't look like a fool.

"you look beautiful, sis," jake complimented.

"wow, for the first time my brother compliment me."

"it's gonna be the last one."

"okay, thanks annoying," i rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"so how is he?" gabriella suddenly asked me.

"how is who?" i asked, gabriella playfully rolled her eyes and smiled.

"how is shawn?" she asked, again. i giggled and nodded my head as i blushed of embarrassment.