36 | sick

SICK
SHAWN MENDES
YOU [READER]

you [reader]

i woke to the feeling of shawn getting out of bed really fast. i sat up and noticed he was having his hand in front of his mouth.

my eyes got wide and i quickly get out of the bed to help him. as i made it to the bathroom, shawn was already on his knees with his face practically buried in the toilet. i sat down beside him and caressed him on his back.

he continued to puke for another minute or so, and then he sighed and sat down against the wall beside him.

"how are you feeling, baby?" i asked him as i sat down beside him. shawn sighed and closed his eyes.

"like shit!" he whined.

i nodded my head, and then i pecked his cheek and got up. i walked over to the sink and grabbed the glass, filling it with tap water.

i handed him the water, and he swallowed it.

"ugh," he groaned, then he handed me the glass and rested his head against the wall again.

i helped shawn up from the ground and made him brush his teeth.

"my throat is sore, baby," shawn said. his voice was really hoarse.

"rest, okay?"

i helped him into the bedroom and helped him lay down on the bed again.

i pulled the covers over his body, and then i kissed the top of his head. his forehead was practically burning, so i went back out to the bathroom and found the thermometer.

i went back into the bedroom and put the thermometer into his mouth. shawn gently smiled, and then he closed his eyes. i sat down on the edge of the bed and waited for the test to beep.

*beep* *beep*

"102°F" i whispered to myself. i looked down at shawn, who had heard what I said.

"do i have a fever?" he asked me.

"you do, baby" i told him, then i stood up and went into the bathroom again to washed the thermometer. then i went out of the room and checked my phone before making my way downstairs.

it was 4.23am, and i had work at 7am. i quietly groaned, but i wanted my boyfriend to feel better, so i went into the kitchen, trying to find some medicine to make his fever gone but couldn't find it so i started making chicken soup. shawn loved my chicken soup, so to make him a little happy I decided to make it.

after a good 30 minutes, the soup is cooked. i found a bowl and a small piece of bread, and then i poured the soup into the bowl and made my way to the bedroom.

when i made it into the bedroom, i noticed shawn was lying on his stomach with his one hand on his forehead. he had his eyes closed, but as he heard me, he opened them.

"i made you some soup baby, your favourite," i quietly said, shawn gently smiled, and then carefully he turned himself around so he could sit up.

"thank you, baby, you're the best," he quietly said, as he sat up he started coughing like crazy.

i quickly placed a pillow behind his back, then i gave him a glass of water. he stopped coughing and i handed him the soup.

"eat, shawn." i kissed him on the cheek.

"why can't i get a kiss on the lips?" shawn asked me as he grabbed the spoon that was filled with soup.

"because i don't want to be sick, baby," i replied. i sat down on the edge of the bed and watched him eat. i just wanted to make sure he was okay.