Past

Brooklyn's POV

(Three weeks ago)

"Hey, I missed you soo much!" I pulled Mallory into a hug as she walked into the restaurant. She didn't seem to happy to see me though.

"Are you okay?"

"I just- You didn't tell me you were okay anything until after over a month, you didn't call, text, anything, I mean th-the necklace was beautiful, but Brooklyn, I-I-."

"Hey, hey, hey, let's just breathe for a second, come here sit down and let's just talk, I know I have a lot of explaining to do, but I know you'll understand."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to explode and go all-."

"Mallory, It's fine, I don't care if you explode on me everyday, I love you, because you can explode, but still be happy with me."

"So wh-what are you gonna explain?"

"I'm sorry... I wasn't really ready to talk to anyone, I'm just, you know it's tough, you know what I went through, and I like that you understand, so please understand that I just needed time, it was my first injury like that, then I got hit by a car, I am sorry, that I didn't reach out to you, but you did the same...."

"I-I... I'm sorry Brooklyn I just don't think this is gonna work."

"What? Mal, what are you saying?"

"I think you should take the necklace back, I think we should maybe spend time apart, I'm not ready-"

"What the hell, Mallory why, I flew out here for you to end things? What about Jessie, you sure were ready for her? Mal, wh-what did I do?"

She just shook her head and ran away as tears started coming down her face.

~~~~

(Four days later)

I know that the other day didn't go well, but I couldn't let everything fall apart. I wrote Mallory a letter and sent the Necklace back. I know we might not be a thing anymore, but we're still hopefully gonna be friends.

She was a great friend, I don't want that to change.

Mallory,

I'm sorry, I don't know if I did something. I'm sorry for not knowing what it is if I did. I don't want things to completely crumble down. We had a great friendship, I don't want that to change, please keep the necklace, I want to know that if something ever happened you would always have it. I'm not sure when I'll see you next, but I hope things will be better.

Good luck on your season, I hope you know I'll always be here to support you. If you need someone, I'll be there, know that, and don't hesitate, I'm not quite sure what will happen now, but you'll always have a special place in me. I'm gonna miss you.

,Brooklyn

---

I felt my eyes water up at the letter, I don't want things to go bad, but if that means she's happy, I'll stay away. I slipped the necklace in the envelope, next to the letter and pushed it into the box.

~~~~~~~~

( A week and a half after the restaurant problem)

"Joey, stop, stop it tickles!"

I giggled as Joey climbed on top of me and tickled me. Joey, Ethan, Emily and I were chilling by the pool, that was until he remembered I was ticklish, and well in a bathing suit there was no way I wasn't about to be tickled. Emily was on the phone with her mom, so she went into the house and Ethan went to the bathroom leaving Joey and I alone outside.

He had his legs on both side of my body as he hovered over me and stopped. We both froze at the awkward moment, but then he slowly started moving in, he knew I ended things with Mallory. I've known Joey for a long time, he was the first I told, but also one of the few, excluding all of the national team girls. None of them knew, Mallory, nor I told them.

He slowly closed the gap between our lips and kissed me, but out of shock I didn't kiss back, well atleast for a few seconds. We quickly pulled away as we heard talking and he got off me. He sat on the edge of my seat and grabbed his phone.

I felt this weird feeling in my stomach watching him just sit there, he glanced over at me every chance he got. It made me smile, but I tried not to, so Emily and Ethan wouldn't see.

~~

"Hey, Emily has Basketball and I have soccer practice, we'll see you tomorrow." We all got up and walked to the door, as I shut the door, I awkwardly turned around to Joey.

"Are we gonna talk about earlier?"

"I mean talking is good, but... I think we're better using our mouth a different way." His hands latched to my sides as we connected our lips.

_________

A\N: That's how Brooklyn and Joey are together, but for how long????