4-Tutoring

~Emily~

It's been about a week since Mr. Mendes said he would start tutoring me. Today is Tuesday, and I'm supposed to go to his house. I've never been to his house before, and I know I'm gonna be awkward. I'm in history class right now, the last class of the day, listening to Mr. Mendes teach.

"Alright class, this will be the first real assignment of the year! I want you to read pages 237-238 and answer the questions! It will be due by class tomorrow!" He said, and everyone groaned.

I pulled out my history book, and turned to the page number. I started reading, but I couldn't seem to focus. I glanced up at Mr. Mendes, and he was looking at me with a concerned expression. I quickly looked back down, and continued to read the words. Eventually, the class was over.

"Emily, could you please stay?" He asked, and I nodded.

Once all of the students were gone, I closed the door and returned to my desk. There was an awkward silence before he spoke.

"I noticed that you were struggling with the homework assignment." He said, and I nodded.

"Y-Yeah, I was a little..." I said, quietly.

"Would you like me to help you, when you come over?" He asked.

"Uh, sure." I replied.

He stood from his desk, grabbing his keys, and walking to the door.

"Come on, I'll drive you." He smiled, motioning me with his head.

I followed him out the door, and to the parking lot. He got into the driver's seat of his black Jeep. I hopped into the passengers side. The drive was silent for a few minutes, before he spoke again.

"How was your classes?" He asked, taking a quick glance at me.

"Good." I replied, keeping my attention out the window.

After a while, we finally reached his house. It was beautiful! We walked up to his doorstep and he unlocked the door. He opened the door, allowing me to walk inside, before he trailed not to far behind me.

"Would you like anything?" He asked, making me jump slightly.

"Umm, water, please." I said, following him to the kitchen.

He poured me a glass of water and handed it to me. While I drank it, he walked to the living room, pulling out a history book. Once I was finished, I walked into the living room, and sat down next to him on the couch. He looked at me, smiling, before opening the book.

"Alright! Let's get started!"

***
Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading! Follow us for more! Love you!