26- Promises

~Emily~

A few days later, it was Saturday again. Shawn told me that he was taking me out again. I was getting ready right now. I wore a white, floral dress, with a pink cardigan, and white converse. I quickly did my makeup, before receiving a text from Shawn. 

S: What time are you coming over?

E: I'm about to be there, Baby

S: Okay, Precious.

I smiled down at my phone, grabbing my phone and purse. I walked to Shawn's house, knocking on his door. He answered shortly after.

"Hey, Emi- Whoa..." Shawn said, his eyes slowly dragging up my body.

"You look gorgeous." He added, smiling.

"Thank you, Baby. You also look very handsome." I replied, blushing, and kissing his lips.

We walked out to his car, and he drove me to a fancy restaurant. My first thought was expensive. Shawn walked me into the diner.

"Reservation for Shawn." He said, and the waitress lead us to a table.

"Shawn, this looks really expensive." I whispered, sitting down.

"Don't worry about it, Darling." He smiled, winking at me.

We sat and ate dinner, laughing and making small talk. 

"Emily?" Shawn said.

"Yes, Shawn?" I replied, taking a sip of my drink.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked, grabbing my hands across the table.

"Of course, Baby." I smiled.

"I have something for you." He said.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a little box. He opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. My mouth gaped open in surprise.

Was he proposing?

He saw the look on my face and laughed.

"Don't worry, Baby. It's not an engagement ring." He chuckled, and I sighed in relief.

"Okay good. As much as I love you, I don't think I'm ready yet." I sighed.

"It's a promise ring." He smiled. "My promise to you is that I will love you forever, and one day I will be proposing to you."

My eyes teared up at his words, as he slipped on the ring. I reached across the table, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you so much." I whispered, pulling back, and kissing his lips.

"I love you so much more." He replied, kissing me again.

***
I like this one! Thanks for reading! ❤❤❤