25- "I Guess I'm Okay With It"

~Katie~

For the next few weeks, after Mr. Mendes' class, I would stay at the out side of the door. I looked in through the window, watching Mr. Mendes and Emily. Everyday they would talk, hug, and no matter what they would kiss each other. Whether it be a peck on the lips or making out, their lips would always touch. Some days, they would even leave school together. It made me so worried about Emily. She could get in big trouble. I don't want that for her. As for Mr. Mendes, he could get fired, and maybe even go to jail! Emily keeps telling me she loves him, and that he loves her, but I just want to make sure that he doesn't use my best friend. After watching them in the classroom for a few weeks, I feel like she's telling me the truth. I can tell that they say 'I love you' everyday. I can't hear them, but I can tell. I see the way they look at each other. I see the way he holds her. And I see the way he kisses her, with such passion. I feel like they do love each other. I guess I'm kinda okay with them together.

~Emily~

I was on my way to Shawn's class, before I got stopped in the hallway. I turned around, and Katie was standing there.

"Oh, uhhh, hey Katie." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Hey, you have history next, right?" She asked, smiling.

"Uhmm, yeah." I replied.

"Cool." She said, taking my hand, and leading me to the class.

"What are you doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just hurry." She giggled.

We stopped outside of Shawn's door, and she stood in front of me.

"Okay. So for the past few weeks I have been watching you and Mr. Mendes. I've seen how lovey-dovey you are around each other, and I guess I'm okay with it." She explained.

A smile immediately took over my face.

"Wait, really?" I asked.

"Really." She replied.

"Well, Sha- Mr. Mendes already knows that you know." I told her.

"Wait, what's his first name." She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Shawn." I answered, smiling.

"Cute." She smiled.

"Hey! He's mine!" I glared playfully, and she put her hands up like she was surrendering.

"How does he know that I know?" She asked.

"I told him. Right after you told me." I said.

"Have you.. you know?" She smirked.

"Oh my gosh, Katie. No!" I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Do you guys cuddle a lot?" She asked.

"Oh yeah. Actually, one time that I went to his house, I opened up to him about me being bullied. I've never done that before except to you." I said.

"Awww! What did he do?" She cooed, smiling.

"He held me, and told me that he would take care of it. Of course he did, and I haven't gotten bullied since, except for what happened when Shawn gave me a hickey." I laughed, rolling my eyes again.

Just then, Shawn came out.

"Girls, you need to be in class soon." Shawn said.

"Hey, Baby." I replied, coming into the classroom, Katie trailing behind me.

I gave him a gentle kiss on the lips, before turning to him. He had a confused facial expression.

"Uhmm, what are you doing, Emily?" He whispered.

"Don't worry, Shawn. She's cool with us." I giggled.

"Wait, what?" He asked, confused.

"Yup." I said, leaning against him.

"So, you two are best friends again." He asked.

"Yes."

"And she's okay with us being together?"

"Yes."

"But listen Mendes. You break her heart, I break your face." Katie warned, causing me to laugh, and Shawn to put his hands up.

"I would never." He replied, kissing my forehead.

"You guys should probably get to your seats before someone comes in." He added.

I nodded, kissing his lips quickly, before me and Katie both took our seats.

***
Yay!!! It all worked out!!! Thanks for reading! ❤❤❤